What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

This just arrived, ordered it from Lowe's online. USA made Kobalt made by Danaher, it's like a time machine. Should have gone back to the Williams era...not bad for $16 + shipping. Listing says SAE but as expected, it's wrong this is metric and SAE: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-20-Piece-Standard-SAE-Mechanic-s-Tool-Set/1076353

y1WdLXy.jpg

rwzWZ6j.jpg

• Like 4

Sorry I've been so absent lately y'all, it's been a hell of a month.
Well here's the last few weeks of purchases.
7ea87d5183a7fd5c565e7e92230e384c.jpg
Loved the kompact so much I picked up an RA!
2a2e2e0aeb69f42d9b9dbafeab3b4662.jpg
Also picked up some combination inserts for them.
4fcb2fbdd5c7b3d05b3c9af76b31b840.jpg
Also got a good deal on Amazon for the knipex. Still waiting on the 12" to arrive. Picked up the insulated bit flip, and the Klein 5125 for the helper/apprentice. He loves the Klein canvas bags. They are a classic.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Felo bits are nice. I bought a couple packs of the PH2 when they were tool of the day before Thanksgiving. They feel so light that I'm afraid I will break them but so far they work great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, builditguy said:

I had a friend taking Ambien to help him sleep.  Packages started showing up at his house.  While he was on the Ambien, he was getting up and ordering stuff on Amazon, while he slept.

I did the exact same thing. Several off the wall Facebook and forum posts too. Think I even posted here about it. Ordered all kinds of shit and had no idea until it showed up. I eventually had to go back every morning and double check myself.

That side effect tapered off eventually though. 

This just arrived, ordered it from Lowe's online. USA made Kobalt made by Danaher, it's like a time machine. Should have gone back to the Williams era...not bad for $16 + shipping. Listing says SAE but as expected, it's wrong this is metric and SAE: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-20-Piece-Standard-SAE-Mechanic-s-Tool-Set/1076353
y1WdLXy.jpg

rwzWZ6j.jpg

Is it just the ratchet that's us made?

8 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

Didn't buy, won it!  Came in the mail today

IMG_20170215_142317475.jpg

IMG_20170215_142250672.jpg

IMG_20170215_142229527.jpg

Very nice! What heated gear do you have?

That make adapter is tiny, mine is a little cord, but this makes more sense.

It will get hot! So start it in medium or low and see how u like it

Very nice! What heated gear do you have?
That make adapter is tiny, mine is a little cord, but this makes more sense.
It will get hot! So start it in medium or low and see how u like it

I hadn't caught how tiny the adapter was! That is awesome! I wonder if they have that listed on the site. I'll have to check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Is it just the ratchet that's us made?

Nope, everything is stamped USA. The ratchet isn't great to be honest. I like the Taiwan Kobalt (Toptul) shiny chrome ratchet more than this, though the USA ratchet has the proper tighten/loosen orientation on the lever. Though the Toptul is $24 for just the ratchet, $4 more than I paid for the set plus shipping and tax.

That being said, I don't expect the ratchet to break or slip even with larger sized 1/4" sockets than included in the set.

I actually used my nut drivers from this kit last night for the first time since I got it and was not happy to find I had to use one of the extensions to use it in my impact. I'm going to pickup some of their longer nut drivers that are actually usable to replace them.

I have this older Shockwave kit that comes with the longer nut drivers.
https://www.milwaukeetool.com/accessories/fastening/48-32-4402

Also, getting the bits out of the newer kit is a huge pain.

I bought a very similar milwaukee set and that made no sense to me either. The socket adapter is also smooth shank. I returned it and got one from makita that is much better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I bought a very similar milwaukee set and that made no sense to me either. The socket adapter is also smooth shank. I returned it and got one from makita that is much better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I'm slowly switching over to Wiha, Wera, and Felo bits because I really hate the 1" bits that come in all the big tool companies kits. I'd much rather have at least 2", if not 3" bits.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, justinkendall said:

I'm slowly switching over to Wiha, Wera, and Felo bits because I really hate the 1" bits that come in all the big tool companies kits. I'd much rather have at least 2", if not 3" bits.

Makita gold is also a good choice. Felo is probably my favorite bit but online only kinda sucks, though it's a good excuse to get in on the KCtool deal of the day!

Just now, ChrisK said:

If you want to go poor get the Thingamajig

http://m.specialtytools.com/item/3239303036got it last year. It's pretty cool and super accurate. $80 but it's pretty slick.

That does look pretty handy...... but for that price it should move by itself ????