What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

I didn't want to say anything till it came in so the Festool HKC 55 18v brushless circular saw with two tracks has shown up! Can't wait to shoot a video but this is a really rare tool in the ISA as its NAINA. Hopefully in a week or so I'll upload a video and post it. Really fascinating saw and thus far Mafell is the only other one out there though truthfully if you think Festool is expensive.....W-O-W! This wasn't too bad and I had been looking at the Makita brushless for quite a while but this guys is the bees knees. It's a contractor saw with some serious power and seriously smooth cutting ability. It'll run off of 12,15 and 18v batteries but I've only got the 18s.

Now I may have to buy the Hackzall to compare them!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Let me know I sent bigmike a link for t in eBay baretool was 55 or 60. If you don't have any batteries or charger I can hook you up with a charger.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a pretty cool buy Chris, is it a dedicated tracks saw or can it be used just as a circular saw?

Jimbo

Jimbo the saw can be used as a circular saw on its own, plunging right in and it can also run on the standard tracks but where it shines is on the compact tracks that have bevel markers to make perfect cross cuts with exact precision. What's really nice about the saw is the riving knife built into the blade guard. Really neat stuff, Great for deck builders and flor installers etc where this is really going to pay off as this summer it's going to see a lot of use. Here's a video from Peter Parfitt showing what it can do...

http://youtu.be/6280QX1QLBE

• Like 1

No comparison in price Comp and I'm not trying to sell the tools to the forum members. I won't give my opinion on either tool system, I have an opinion of Milwaukee but I am just showing and telling mine. Everybody has a tool line they like. I've got a lot of lines I like So you are right it does cost some cash but I think the quality is pretty darn good for what you pay for it. Especially when you look at Mafell. I dropped $340 for the saw, T Loc and a rail. The Milwaukee Fuel 6-1/2 is 299 with a soft bag and a battery. Now truthfully I didn't get batteries but I can buy 5.2ah batteries for $65 retail (though I've got two 4.2ah right now) if I need them. If you want to see the capabilities of the saw watch the video. It's part of the whole ecosystem to even include dust control. Pretty cool stuff all around!

No comparison in price Comp and I'm not trying to sell the tools to the forum members. I won't give my opinion on either tool system, I have an opinion of Milwaukee but I am just showing and telling mine. Everybody has a tool line they like. I've got a lot of lines I like So you are right it does cost some cash but I think the quality is pretty darn good for what you pay for it. Especially when you look at Mafell. I dropped $340 for the saw, T Loc and a rail. The Milwaukee Fuel 6-1/2 is 299 with a soft bag and a battery. Now truthfully I didn't get batteries but I can buy 5.2ah batteries for $65 retail (though I've got two 4.2ah right now) if I need them. If you want to see the capabilities of the saw watch the video. It's part of the whole ecosystem to even include dust control. Pretty cool stuff all around!

I hear you, and truthfully I am basing my thoughts on not just price, but the fact I have never had one of the others in my hand. I'm sure things would be different if I were to use one for the day but until then .....my saw was cheaper and I'm happy with it..... 

Thanks Jimbo. If any of you guys are in NH give me a shout! I'll let you play with 'em. Lifetime tools especially with the brushless motors coming to the tools.

I watched the video, I'm impressed with the saw did you not have a track saw already? 

Today's haul: three estwings, two protos, proto mirror, new spade bit, lufkin tape that I paid retail for like a chump when I could have got it for 50% from apex tool group with a coupon code a buddy gave me but I felt bad stealing money from the company, two Stanley's that are being clearanced but are so great I need to stockpile,and a new sting because I snapped my other one.

7a665a8031cc7dfb3ace418df91fb530.jpg

c0abb058cc363210a14fce1528b3ccad.jpg

Today's haul: three estwings, two protos, proto mirror, new spade bit, lufkin tape that I paid retail for like a chump when I could have got it for 50% from apex tool group with a coupon code a buddy gave me but I felt bad stealing money from the company, two Stanley's that are being clearanced but are so great I need to stockpile,and a new sting because I snapped my other one.

7a665a8031cc7dfb3ace418df91fb530.jpg

c0abb058cc363210a14fce1528b3ccad.jpg

Let us know about that tape measure nice haul

Jimbo

Let us know about that tape measure nice haul

Jimbo

it has to be good, it is self centering, has the highest vertical length and is one of the best selling tape measure on the planet.....not to mention they happen to sell them at apex tools if you want I know a guy for a code!

• Like 3

As far as IHL goes, I didn't pay any fees coming into the USA. All told I'm out $143 USD including shipping. And lest not forget a brushless DCF620 drywall screwdriver and a 5.0ah battery. Not a bad haul. Took about 9 days from purchase to delivery this afternoon. Glad I took the day off! I get to play!

As far as IHL goes, I didn't pay any fees coming into the USA. All told I'm out $143 USD including shipping. And lest not forget a brushless DCF620 drywall screwdriver and a 5.0ah battery. Not a bad haul. Took about 9 days from purchase to delivery this afternoon. Glad I took the day off! I get to play!

sweet deal