What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

6 hours ago, Bigmikez said:

Ok crew it’s been a minute but I finally picked this bad boy up! I had a snap on box similar a few years back that I bought for around $600 used but sold it for the same Thank god now I have my 52 inch husky and this guy to roll around with me, I like it it feels really sturdy and the drawers open and close pretty smooth oh and the casters are pretty heavy duty. We will see how it holds up

It's such a nice cart, (I've said it before) I'd trade my Matco for one of those US General carts and the Matco I have is a $400 cart. I'd really like to pick up their larger box too.

• Like 1

I wish our kits came with the 6.0 batteries, and I wish the new combo kits came in a hard case!

Do they not do them where your from then ? I would have preferred the other hard case the red one that is moulded with the metal clips .
Really impressed with the impact , did a side by side test with my dewalt dcf887 which was on a 2ah battery and had both in speed 3 using 70mm wood screws in to timber and the m12 was faster I couldn’t believe it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tools seperately come with hard cases but if u buy the drill/impact kit there is no hard case available to fit both. 

The more I use these the more impressed I am. This little drill can run a 3/4” ship auger in high speed! I know guys who have 18v drills that can’t do that 

The tools seperately come with hard cases but if u buy the drill/impact kit there is no hard case available to fit both. 
The more I use these the more impressed I am. This little drill can run a 3/4” ship auger in high speed! I know guys who have 18v drills that can’t do that 

I take it you have the gen 2 drill driver then ? What’s that like do you rate it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too picked up a Rocket light; $196 and change out the door.  Both it and the other tower light (paid full price but got two free 5.0 Ah batteries and a charger last year) are going to see some use tonight.  

• Like 3

Due to the good weather I decided to hit up the outdoor flea market today, walked away with some sweet tools. 

$30 for the Klein multimeter

$5 for the Milwaukee Fastback 

$8 for the Klein 10" adjustable wrench

20180304_102758.jpg

Also bought some Insulated knipex pliers set off of ebay for $52. With the exception of the rust they are in great condition. I'm gonna try and clean off the rust later today.

20180206_175629.thumb.jpg.86649c713208c5ec4395cffe10fd7ca5.jpg

• Like 5

picked up a sandblaster unit today, I got it used from a lady local buy/sell she said her husband didn't even plug it in.........that was obvious its brand new......paid $75 and got a new bag of shot, extra nozzles and window protectors....

20180305_120511.jpg

• Like 9

Due to the good weather I decided to hit up the outdoor flea market today, walked away with some sweet tools. 

$30 for the Klein multimeter

$5 for the Milwaukee Fastback 

$8 for the Klein 10" adjustable wrench

20180304_102758.thumb.jpg.930b9f67bf7f7a6e546962f34965fe24.jpg

Also bought some Insulated knipex pliers set off of ebay for $52. With the exception of the rust they are in great condition. I'm gonna try and clean off the rust later today.

20180206_175629.thumb.jpg.86649c713208c5ec4395cffe10fd7ca5.jpg

Nice. I find some great deals at flea markets!

Let the metal soak in vinegar over night. Removes the rust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Ordered this last week and it showed up Tuesday. A Millers Falls No. 85 Rabbet and Filletster Plane. I need to buy a fence for it but for $15 it was the best deal on eBay for this model. It actually has an iron, lever cap, and depth stop. All of the others were missing at least one of them with many missing everything. Fences seem to pop up fairly often so when I see one at a good price I’ll complete the plane.

8F8E1D82-7003-4EFA-9579-0126E85A3F1E.thumb.jpeg.56104bf567064f342a5ee23d12dd3097.jpegF9B7A946-DF76-4536-9CB0-61AF1CB99604.thumb.jpeg.d7ae43ec6566fadd3e2d926e7454c4de.jpeg132B208D-418A-428D-815B-F8455ABAAF35.thumb.jpeg.98f720dbd25de96357f845a5e54e186b.jpegA2647D89-ECA6-420C-A135-8E871C2AC0C4.thumb.jpeg.f4b9bf0531b7244b2bc737bb21d95d41.jpeg8A93EA56-283D-4DB7-AB9F-2808709DA369.thumb.jpeg.e702d1d71b231150da77a520da9e13e7.jpeg

• Like 4

On 3/6/2018 at 9:52 PM, FlaveNico said:

Nice. I find some great deals at flea markets!

Let the metal soak in vinegar over night. Removes the rust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the tip! I ended up using Zep rust remover and soaked the metal for about 15 minutes. Brushed it with a wire brush and rinsed it off, they look almost new. However, next time ill probably use your suggestion since i feel Zep is very strong and acidic and I feel like it would damage the handles if i had let them soak any longer.

1 hour ago, noccem said:

Thanks for the tip! I ended up using Zep rust remover and soaked the metal for about 15 minutes. Brushed it with a wire brush and rinsed it off, they look almost new. However, next time ill probably use your suggestion since i feel Zep is very strong and acidic and I feel like it would damage the handles if i had let them soak any longer.

WD-40 makes a rust removal soak that might be a good option. It has the benefit of being reusable according to its packaging. Vinegar will be cheaper but if you need something in between vinegar and Zep it might be worth a try.

I’m going to pick up a bottle to clean up my planes with since vinegar can take a fair amount of time. I’m the type to get sidetracked and forget to remove it after a few hours.

8 minutes ago, jtkendall said:

WD-40 makes a rust removal soak that might be a good option. It has the benefit of being reusable according to its packaging. Vinegar will be cheaper but if you need something in between vinegar and Zep it might be worth a try.

I’m going to pick up a bottle to clean up my planes with since vinegar can take a fair amount of time. I’m the type to get sidetracked and forget to remove it after a few hours.

I've gotten great results with Evapo-Rust

1 hour ago, XTsallaD said:

Wiha has a good sale. Got pliers wrench and auto grip pliers for 44.99usd together and the combo pliers 17.99.

image.jpg

Thanks for the heads up! How do you like the adjustable wrench on the far right? heard some mixed reviews about them.

• Like 1