What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

12 hours ago, jtkendall said:

WD-40 makes a rust removal soak that might be a good option. It has the benefit of being reusable according to its packaging. Vinegar will be cheaper but if you need something in between vinegar and Zep it might be worth a try.

I’m going to pick up a bottle to clean up my planes with since vinegar can take a fair amount of time. I’m the type to get sidetracked and forget to remove it after a few hours.

I just set a reminder on my phone if I know I will forget and sometimes I even forget to set the reminder haha.

6 minutes ago, rcarnes911 said:

It's that a Asus rog laptop, I have a 512 crucial in mine

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nope it's a HP Omen..... Snagged it for crazy cheap a couple months ago for $500 on clearance at Wally world, i7 7700, gforce 1050ti, 1tb HDD.... It was just begging for that lil SSD.

Nope it's a HP Omen..... Snagged it for crazy cheap a couple months ago for $500 on clearance at Wally world, i7 7700, gforce 1050ti, 1tb HDD.... It was just begging for that lil SSD.
Nice I have a Asus rog, it's getting old has a a 970 in it might need to upgrade again soon

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

On 3/10/2018 at 12:44 AM, noccem said:

Thanks for the heads up! How do you like the adjustable wrench on the far right? heard some mixed reviews about them.

It’s amazing if you need one that large. I prefer the 180mm - 200mm size for 99% of what I do. These are only available in 250 and are quite heavy. I have some 180mm knipex pliers wrench that I like much better only because they are smaller and lighter weight. Otherwise, I favor this design to serrated jaws any day of the week and this plier is as good as the Knipex in my opinion, except the finish may not be as durable as the satin chrome on the Knipex. I think I like the push button for adjustment on the Knipex opposed to opening the handle all the way to slide the jaw open on the wiha. I do like the way the wiha can close by pushing the jaws even when the handle isn’t open. It can zip into tighter position regardless of the handle position. 

And....a Porter Cable 692 as well as a Jessem Rout R Lift II to go in my brand spankin’ New Kreg Router Table I just got a smoking hot deal on. Expensive week but the router and the Kreg complete router table kit and switch were too good to pass up. More pics to follow once I get the lift and table assembled.

F7CFCFE2-69CD-4DA7-A9E5-B950C40E7243.jpeg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ChrisK said:

And....a Porter Cable 692 as well as a Jessem Rout R Lift II to go in my brand spankin’ New Kreg Router Table I just got a smoking hot deal on. Expensive week but the router and the Kreg complete router table kit and switch were too good to pass up. More pics to follow once I get the lift and table assembled.

F7CFCFE2-69CD-4DA7-A9E5-B950C40E7243.jpeg

Shining example of one of the few unbastardized PC tools remaining... You sir have a fine router there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cr8ondt said:

Shining example of one of the few unbastardized PC tools remaining... You sir have a fine router there.

I don't have the Jessem lift, but I run the PC 892 with a Kreg portable table and love it. I haven't got it installed yet but will be adding the Oneida router hood to help with dust control on the bottom side when doing dadoes. 

On 3/13/2018 at 5:56 PM, Biggie said:

The farm and fleet store that's a block away from my house had the dcf894 for $169.  I just couldn't say no.  I also got a new leatherman to go with my crunch.

20180313_192053.jpg

20180313_192108.jpg

Dude you gotta let us know what you think of that bad boy I got my eye on that impact 

• Like 1

Ordered the Gen 2 Milwaukee Fuel Hammer Drill and Impact combo kit from Acme today. Couldn’t see any point in just buying the drill bare tool when for $90 more I can get the impact and two batteries. Also they’re doing a deal so it came with a bonus 2Ah battery. Should have ordered it over the weekend when they had the St Patrick’s coupon but forgot to do it when I got home.

6 hours ago, jtkendall said:

Ordered the Gen 2 Milwaukee Fuel Hammer Drill and Impact combo kit from Acme today. Couldn’t see any point in just buying the drill bare tool when for $90 more I can get the impact and two batteries. Also they’re doing a deal so it came with a bonus 2Ah battery. Should have ordered it over the weekend when they had the St Patrick’s coupon but forgot to do it when I got home.

Congrats, good choice on getting the combo kit. I ran across it about a month ago in a Home Depot and it came with the extra battery as well. You’ll forget about the extra 90 dollars by the weekend and you’ll have an awesome kit. The impact is worth having also and I seem to use it even more. 

About to twist some steel wire so I got this channelock ironworkers plier today

03694AFC-BA27-416A-8405-7DCF7A31CB7F.jpeg

• Like 1