What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

On 3/24/2018 at 12:00 PM, jtkendall said:

The Gen2 M12 Fuel combo kit arrived today, really nice but going to take some getting used to since they are shorter.

IMG_0808.thumb.jpg.35b58992ef22a5fdbc45b56557c05aa3.jpg

I was looking at those a few weeks ago for my girlfriend's house. She has about 32 dead cordless drills lying about, all off brands. I was thinking this set would be perfect, plus I have the 18 volt impact and charger, so she would never be without batteries or another charger. Wimmin :)

19 hours ago, satchmodog said:

I was looking at those a few weeks ago for my girlfriend's house. She has about 32 dead cordless drills lying about, all off brands. I was thinking this set would be perfect, plus I have the 18 volt impact and charger, so she would never be without batteries or another charger. Wimmin :)

Wow 32?

4 hours ago, DR99 said:

I was thinking the same thing also at about the 4th one I think I would invest in a higher quality tool nothing crazy but just the entry level kit from any of the big companies

Maybe they have 32 each with a different bit?

5 hours ago, Jronman said:

Wow 32?

OK, the 32 was for effect lol

But really, she had five dead drills and batteries for two more where there is no matching drill. She makes like 3 times the money I make, so I have no idea why she doesn't buy a nice drill. I think she buys things that are cute

On 3/29/2018 at 11:55 PM, satchmodog said:

OK, the 32 was for effect lol

But really, she had five dead drills and batteries for two more where there is no matching drill. She makes like 3 times the money I make, so I have no idea why she doesn't buy a nice drill. I think she buys things that are cute

Well the lil M12 stuff is defiantly cute.  And I'd say that to any man that showed up on my jobsite with those and ask where his pink apron was. >:D>:D

• Like 2

I wanted a bandsaw, until yesterday.  Found a one-off Ryobi 2.5A 9" saw for 25% off yesterday.  Got it and a 3-pack of Bosch blades for $115 out the door.  Now I really need to find a place with some workspace in a few months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foneguy said:

I’m glad I only look at the pictures !

2 hours ago, BMack37 said:

I'll be watching the classifieds :P

Yeah....this’ll be a keeper 🤪

Got it on eBay for 140

a 9.0 for 92

and a fast charger for just under $23.

I was going to get the Ryobi because of the dual power but this is rated at a higher GPM and I’ve already got three jobs lined up most notably the pool tarp👍

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 9:39 AM, Cr8ondt said:

Well the lil M12 stuff is defiantly cute.  And I'd say that to any man that showed up on my jobsite with those and ask where his pink apron was. >:D>:D

I have the 2650 or some such number like that impact driver for work. I should buy her that Milwaukee 12 volt. However, she's more partial to Blue and that leaves freakin Makita, Kobalt and Hercules. Sigh, my inner tool nerd says Makita, but my desire not to waste money says Kobalt

3 hours ago, satchmodog said:

I have the 2650 or some such number like that impact driver for work. I should buy her that Milwaukee 12 volt. However, she's more partial to Blue and that leaves freakin Makita, Kobalt and Hercules. Sigh, my inner tool nerd says Makita, but my desire not to waste money says Kobalt

Makita 12-volt stuff doesn’t cost so much, is blue(ish) and cute. She’d dig it.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Yeah....this’ll be a keeper 🤪

Got it on eBay for 140

a 9.0 for 92

and a fast charger for just under $23.

I was going to get the Ryobi because of the dual power but this is rated at a higher GPM and I’ve already got three jobs lined up most notably the pool tarp👍

I've heard that before, so we're looking at about $240 shipped? I'll start saving. :lol:

On 4/1/2018 at 10:20 PM, satchmodog said:

Take all the oddball drills and sneak em away, harvest all the 18650 cells from any of the lithium batteries and just get the Makita kit for her, not only does Makita just make great tools their grips tend to be smallish/thinish.

Fun stuff to use the 18650 cells:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_8?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=18650+flashlight&sprefix=18650+fl%2Caps%2C155&crid=VC7SNWIRK06V

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_13?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=18650+cell+phone+charger&sprefix=18650+cell+ph%2Caps%2C162&crid=3TY5SAZL6Q74G&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3A18650+cell+phone+charger

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=18650+fan&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3A18650+fan

8 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

ohh, I like that