What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Milwaukee Surge, 2.0 amp battery, a Large Dewalt ToughSystem box, an Easy Wood Large detailing tool for my lathe, a 12x20 piece of granite for my sharpening station and a pizza cutter kit to turn. I’ll throw some pics on later 🤪

Also all of the new1/2”  Router bits from Peachtree came in but I haven’t even opened the box yet.

My Wife bought me a two person hammock for Daddy Day. She’s awesome. My Son got me an awesome “Dadman” t shirt and a neat book to read him. He loved it.

• Like 5

Picked up a 2860 mid-torque impact today.  I'll likely pick up the M12 ratchets as well as the M18 Fuel 3/8" impact soon enough to complete my cordless automotive setup.

Also, found 14 Metabo Combinator cutoff wheels for $.38 each at Lowe's.  Coupled with the DeWalt grinding discs I grabbed on clearance last year, I should be set for cutting and grinding for a while.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fm2176 said:

Picked up a 2860 mid-torque impact today.  I'll likely pick up the M12 ratchets as well as the M18 Fuel 3/8" impact soon enough to complete my cordless automotive setup.

Also, found 14 Metabo Combinator cutoff wheels for $.38 each at Lowe's.  Coupled with the DeWalt grinding discs I grabbed on clearance last year, I should be set for cutting and grinding for a while.

Nicely done! I’ve been wondering if I shouldn’t just grab a 2860 as well; it’s so much cheaper than a 2861. Dewalt pricing is the same way; pin detents must be selling like crap. 

• Like 1

Hitachi DS18DBFL2 compact 18V drill via Ebay from the USA for only $140 AUD delivered. It only took 10 days to get here. This model is not available in Australia. We can only get the large 136Nm drill or the older model drills. 

Non-hammer compact drill drivers are VERY hard to find in Australia. I can't find anywhere that sells local versions of the Dewalt DCD791 or Bosch DDS183/GSR18V-EC. I know there are places in Oz selling the DCD791 on Ebay, but they're importing them from the USA.

Anyway, I now have another battery platform. I don't even own a charger or battery for Hitachi yet. I wanted and tried one of those Ebay imported DCD791's but had to return it due to an issue. So then I had a Bosch DDS183 in mind from Blackwoods Xpress (Aus), but by the time I went to order they'd sold out. Then I considered importing a Metabo BS 18 LT BL from the USA, but I just couldn't commit to it because I had doubts about the grip ergonomics (once you try Dewalt it raises your standards, and I've  disliked every Metabo grip I've had). 

This Hitachi grip is fantastic! It feels more comfortable than Dewalt's for me. A very well built drill and the trigger feels great.

(I'm getting ready for multivolt)

IMG_20180620_132337.jpg

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, HiltiWpg said:

Ya don't say! I would like to see that!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

must come bundled with a new jigsaw that cuts with a laser for a blade and batteries that are powered by carbide cells. Super comfortable with its magnesium handle, plus cuts are smooth because the shoe has a rubber overmold for grip and surface protection. 

Much better than Makita...

Picked up a planer yesterday, but not the cordless DeWalt I've been wanting.  Got a DW675 at the flea market from an older gentleman.  It came with a steel box and spare blades.  Also got a couple of rolling support stands, complete with a vintage HQ (Home Quarters, a defunct big box home improvement store) sticker.  

• Like 2

I was walking by the clearance area in hardware at my HD and saw this.  Just the battery was worth grabbing it.

20180624_203937.thumb.jpg.335072be37ad4364035db90b29fd8d74.jpg

I also got one of the managers to sell me a Ego 2.5 AH battery that was still in the brown cardboard box from a display for $60.00.  I was pretty happy to find these.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, D W said:

I finally have one. It's an Ebay purchase from South Korea. 

IMG_20180626_143702.jpg

Got it. Love it. Way better than the M12 version, I had that one too and sold it a while back to order this. Love the LED, nice power, very comfortable to use. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Got it. Love it. Way better than the M12 version, I had that one too and sold it a while back to order this. Love the LED, nice power, very comfortable to use. 

This statement really complicates things for me because that multitool is one of two tools making me think about M12

4 hours ago, ToolBane said:

This statement really complicates things for me because that multitool is one of two tools making me think about M12

The Bosch has an LED light. Milwaukee does not. The Bosch fits my hand better and feels better when working with it. Both tools have removable tips so you can use some Dremel accessories.The Bosch has a smoother speed control wheel where the Milwaukee Tool I had, you had to slightly push in the wheel and turn (could’ve been a fluke but I hated it on mine). The Milwaukee rotary tool served me well for quite a while but the Bosch looked more refined and it after having it for several months, it is. Believe it or not, I use the rotary tool pretty regularly and keep it upstairs as opposed to down in the workshop because I am pulling it out weekly. But ultimately, it is personal preference not a fact saying the Milwaukee is junk. I had mine for about five or six years and bought the Bosch last fall. For M12 Tools I have the inflator and a heated hoodie. For Bosch 12v Tools I have two work lights, two jackets (one for me one for my wife) the vacuum and this tool. If I was planning on staying with Milwaukee tools I probably would’ve bought the Bosch. But then again when I say that. I say “I”. If you want the Milwaukee I would not say boo, it’s a good tool and if you are vested in the platform why not get it?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rcarnes911 said:

Nice that planer is so handy

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Glad to see some positive feedback from users. I went ahead and ordered the stuff I wanted from Servicenet, but have to say I’m a little disappointed it didn’t come with all relevant accessories. I bought the dust port, bag, and two extra blades, since it comes with a place to store them. 

Wheres the rafter hook? Hahahaha 

Hello Members, I am in the process of looking for deals to buy 20V cordless tools. Is this Lowes deal is good for Dewalt XR 6 tool 20 Volt max combo  $649 https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-XR-6-Tool-20-Volt-Max-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Cordless-Combo-Kit/1000217673?  This deal looks attractive when compared to 2017 Black Friday deal of DeWalt 20V Max - 10 tools combo deal for 599. The 3 tools in this 10 combo are 1-blue tooth speaker, 2 vacuum cleaners, which I would not consider anyway adding to my collection. 

What you guys are thinking? to go for it? Do I need the additional warranty? 

Appreciate sharing your thoughts.

2 hours ago, jmars said:

Hello Members, I am in the process of looking for deals to buy 20V cordless tools. Is this Lowes deal is good for Dewalt XR 6 tool 20 Volt max combo  $649 https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-XR-6-Tool-20-Volt-Max-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Cordless-Combo-Kit/1000217673?  This deal looks attractive when compared to 2017 Black Friday deal of DeWalt 20V Max - 10 tools combo deal for 599. The 3 tools in this 10 combo are 1-blue tooth speaker, 2 vacuum cleaners, which I would not consider anyway adding to my collection. 

Appreciate sharing your thoughts.

Nah fam.

6 hours ago, jmars said:

Considering everything is brushless that is a decent deal. For the saws you will want to look into getting either the flexvolt batteries or the 6.0 20v which uses larger more powerful cells. At the very least you will want a 20v 5.0 or 4.0.

• Like 1