What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

I got the Ridgid MegaMax system -- base tool and heads: reciprocating saw head, right angle drill head, and SDS drill.  These are much more powerful and solid than the JobMax line, though the JobMax is still quite handy for smaller jobs.  Also picked up a 2 pack of 9ah Octane batteries from HD on a one day sale for $179.

• Like 2

Very lightly used 1.75hp pcs. I got the industrial base and switched out the pcs base that came with it. The previous owner made an outfeed table that comes off and folds up. A cross cut sled, 2 regular brake cartridges, 1 dado cartridge, and a dado throat plate came with it. a1a404e2a86e239647c22f4a9511b0cf.jpgb363c2c15cec72a5936e0c8eb5c78c47.jpg09e63d401e0b1732b1732e69efe83160.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rrich1 said:

Very lightly used 1.75hp pcs. I got the industrial base and switched out the pcs base that came with it. The previous owner made an outfeed table that comes off and folds up. A cross cut sled, 2 regular brake cartridges, 1 dado cartridge, and a dado throat plate came with it. a1a404e2a86e239647c22f4a9511b0cf.jpgb363c2c15cec72a5936e0c8eb5c78c47.jpg09e63d401e0b1732b1732e69efe83160.jpg

Very nice!!!!

17 minutes ago, Jronman said:

Awesome find. I think the cabinet style table saws from SawStop have the best on/off switches. One switch to turn on and off.

Unfortunately they need a beefier bracket holding the switch,  they tend to break with heavy shop use.  They are a nice size for smacking with your knee though.

39 minutes ago, rrich1 said:

Like Nielsen chisels. 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, and 1/2" fishtail chisel.

Cauliflower sawstop zero clearance throat plate. Made from aluminum with removable inserts so you don't have a bunch of throat plates. 38c07a832130c86dbc1b7df8c5446540.jpg8e12deca44efa5049055b74c1f7f5c09.jpg3be9abc8a92da22559f4a0ef68ce1c60.jpg

Do you have info on those plates?

Do you have info on those plates?
Here you go Chris. I bought mine from infinity tools because I found a $10 coupon code plus free shipping. https://www.infinitytools.com/sawstop-zero-clearance-throat-plate-with-two-inserts-4706

Colliflower has a ton of throat plates for miter saw and table saws.
http://www.colliflower-zci.com/

• Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 9:51 PM, ChrisK said:

Ta-dum....

F9492101-D22F-4C45-9D8E-E81858BB445C.jpeg

I almost pulled the trigger on this deal at HD, but decided to behave at the last second - that'll teach me.

Question for you - How does this compressor work with a blower for compressed air?  How long can you use a blower before it has to kick on again?  I've heard the small 1 gallon tanks just can't blow much more than a benchtop before having to cycle on again.

Not a tool, per se, but I got the DeWalt bare tool radiant heater this morning to complement the Ridgid jet heater I got a month or so ago.  Currently in a field environment, so expect both to come in handy (along with the three Ridgid fans, should it get too warm).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, khariV said:

I almost pulled the trigger on this deal at HD, but decided to behave at the last second - that'll teach me.

Question for you - How does this compressor work with a blower for compressed air?  How long can you use a blower before it has to kick on again?  I've heard the small 1 gallon tanks just can't blow much more than a benchtop before having to cycle on again.

I honestly cannot comment, I really haven’t had it long enough to use it for anything to reach than my Grex pinner. It’s a bit louder than my JC10 and I bought this for field work but had to play with it in the shop. I can say I like the machine just fine for what I have used it for and the build quality is really decent. Sorry bro wish I could add more than that!

Chris... A bit louder? I'm just about to pull the pin on a new jc10 due to the fact that that Dewalt cordless compressor is so dang loud, otherwise I like it and will use it when I need to go into a house to finish base around cabinets and whatnot. But my question to you is... Is it just a bit louder or is the jc10 a good bit quieter. Obviously without db read outs it's a subjective question. But also obviously I'm hoping that the jc10 is quite a bit less noise.. Lol.
How long have you had the jc 10? Do you have any other rol-air compressors? How's your experience been with it (them) in general?
Thanks for an input.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

I’ve had the Rolair for five years. The only Rolair I’ve had, I love it, no issues, oil free. The Dewalt is louder but being my last compressor before the Rolair was a Craftsman stacked the Flexvolt is worlds quieter than that. It’s not a Rolair though but I bought it because it’s cordless and I can use it outside. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 5:50 AM, Tug said:

Ordered a new pair of yellow drills, delivered yesterday................... just not to my address!  DPD, you suck! 

Now the long wait. 

They arrived a couple of days later. A DCF885 and a DCH253, I'm much preferring brushed for certain machines!

15513515897032029728150957370311.jpg

• Like 1

I have had this for awhile now, you don't get much time to blow before it cycles on but it works great for blowing up kids toys and things but you are not going to blow off big areas without it cycling on

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

• Like 1