What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Picked up the 20v DeWalt grease gun fd3c83c2c037622e4ea80ba8a6d56eb2.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I've been contemplating buying this. Since I am getting a 1931 Ford model AA I'll need to grease the fittings a lot. I don't have any DeWalt tools though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've been contemplating buying this. Since I am getting a 1931 Ford model AA I'll need to grease the fittings a lot. I don't have any DeWalt tools though.

So far I like it but it is a pain in the ass to load and it weighs a fucking ton

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Well, I picked up a Ryobi impact driver kit for $39 yesterday, as well as their high volume inflator for $8 or so.  I didn't need either, having DeWalt, Milwaukee, and Ridgid brushless impact drivers as well as the DeWalt jobsite blower (with inflator nozzles) and 20v Max inflator, M12 inflator, and Ridgid 18v compressor, but the price was right, and I have more tools to eventually destroy...👹

4 hours ago, fm2176 said:

Well, I picked up a Ryobi impact driver kit for $39 yesterday, as well as their high volume inflator for $8 or so.  I didn't need either, having DeWalt, Milwaukee, and Ridgid brushless impact drivers as well as the DeWalt jobsite blower (with inflator nozzles) and 20v Max inflator, M12 inflator, and Ridgid 18v compressor, but the price was right, and I have more tools to eventually destroy...👹

Those are surprisingly low prices even for Ryobi! And I’d say yeah maybe you don’t need more but somehow I’ve accumulated 5 impacts myself and am not even sure how I got here.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Acme Tool has a promotion going on for St Patricks day for 15% off. it works with the DCGG571

Yep ebay and I've been trying not to as well especially since the 8.0 were announced.  But I know I'm going to be buying the new 6" grinder when it comes out and I don't have any HO batteries.  As much as I want the 8.0 I'm guessing a pair will be over $200 for awhile and the 6.0s were $115. 

• Like 1

Great deal on the Dewalt 735x (in feed and out feed tables/extra set of knives) planer and Dewalt planer stand included on the way, courtesy of my wife. Been eyeballing this planer for a while so I'm pretty excited. Don't know what I do to deserve it, but she spoils me when it comes to my "tool cravings ".

• Like 1

Ordered the Incra aluminum router plate with mag lock rings. Seems nice and heavy duty. Also ordered a template to make my life easy.

I thought I was going to have to drill a hole for the above table adjustment but I guess not. The only issue is that it is on the back right and not the front lest like the kreg plate. This rotates the router. If I don't like it this way I'll rotate it and drill a hole where it won't be so close to the fence. 4d22baeda6df9d7ca4d9daafc5134db8.jpged2aa1693730a550ac3ba45ac9e8dcb7.jpg2cb91fc3056f83d886ca35bee1327e61.jpg

• Like 4

I picked up a new Milwaukee M18 FUEL 1/4" Hex Impact Driver and I'm really loving it. I have an older M12 version that I use all the time, but recently I have been doing a lot of concrete fasteners and felt like the extra torque offered by this newer model would be beneficial, and as it turns out it is.  Not only that but all that extra power and speed are packaged in a smaller compact package that is barely three tenths of a pound heavier than my old M12 version. Win-Win! I have found the "soft start" feature (Self tapping screw mode in Milwaukee lingo) enabled through mode 4 is really handy and a welcome addition.  If I had any feedback to Milwaukee it would be to offer the three current speed modes and a fourth option that enables the soft start option in any of the three speed modes.

2853-20_1.png

• 2 weeks later...