What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Jealous

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's definitely a tool that isn't needed but very helpful and time saving. There are still plenty of times were I will make traditional mortise and tenons (like on my dresser build). It helped a lot in panel glue ups I did previously. So I am looking forward to that.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's definitely a tool that isn't needed but very helpful and time saving. There are still plenty of times were I will make traditional mortise and tenons (like on my dresser build). It helped a lot in panel glue ups I did previously. So I am looking forward to that.

I bet you’ll end up using it more than you think, we’ll definitely up your face frame game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet you’ll end up using it more than you think, we’ll definitely up your face frame game

Oh there is not doubt about me using it often. Lol. I actually haven't used it yet but have had it a few weeks. I just got the domino systainer set the other day with the different sized cutters.

Hi guys,

I have just started making DIY tools compilation videos on Youtube. My channel name is Tech World HD. It would greatly help me out if you can check out my channel, watch a few videos you like, and subscribe. Here are some pretty awesome toolsets eye candy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVUTxNJiRO8

Thanks! You are awesome!

I got the Ridgid R84086B mini bluetooth radio to replace my older Ridgid mini radio. Nice little radio. Has bluetooth, USB charge port, and station memory, which none were on the older model. Sound is better on the new radio, but the older one was louder. Batteries don't last near as long on the new radio if charging a phone as well which is to be expected. I just slap a 9.0 Octane battery in it and don't have to worry about it all week. It helps my day when listening to music so I really like this radio.

I bought an acetate handle screwdriver set and happily wasted too much time making a rack for it:

sr-rack1.thumb.jpg.d84e12249acf136d31ca4118ec14ef1f.jpg

sr-rack2.thumb.jpg.f5db9bda1538f114145f73c307dca230.jpg

The recesses ensure they stay put until they're lifted, and the slots let me take them out without lifting them all the way.

sr-rack3.jpg

• Like 1

I bought a set of Kobalt metric combination wrenches for $18 on clearance:

kobalt_wrenches.jpg

Taiwan manufacture.  Very nice chrome, and each wrench is longer than the equivalent USA Craftsman I bought in the '90s:

craftsman_kobalt_wrenches.jpg

Lowes is blowing out a lot of Kobalt stuff at bargain prices to make room for all the SBD Craftsman they're bringing in.  Downside is it's not going to be as easy to get warranty replacements any more.  But for a set of wrenches this nice for only $18, I'll take the risk.

• Like 1

Picked up the pole saw attachment for my Ego. Also got a jug of chain oil for the Ego. My belts for my mower finally arrived after 2 weeks of waiting and it even had prime free 2 day shipping. I mIght have to rebuy the m12 stubby. Mine is MIA after 3 weeks of owning it. I think I forgot I left it on the pickup and it probably fell off and got picked up by someone. My first power tool that I have lost.

• 2 weeks later...

So my roofer borrowed my DeWalt dcs391 and to shorten the story it took the quick way to the driveway.  He offered to buy me a new one, so off to Lowes I went.  They have a buy select bare tool get a 3ah and charger free deal, so I got the dcs570 with the freebies, win/win.  Well after running the saw for a week or so something just wasn't right, I found the shoe to be 1/16 outta square from the blade.  I took it back to Lowe's to exchange it and the customer service person processed it as a return giving me back the total in cash.  I bought the same saw and got another freebie!  So in the end I have 2 new 3ah slim packs, 2 more chargers and a new saw.  Fun part is the dcs391still works just need to order a new shoe for it.

• Like 2

Bought the Milwaukee M12 Compact Inflator last week, the morning after it arrives I get in the car and the tire pressure light is on. 5 minutes later it's off (had to figure out what tire was slack) and the inflator now lives in the car 24/7 for convenience. Used it to inflate two tires the other day, they were sitting for a while and at 0.5 PSI. Love the fact that it screws on so I don't have to hold the chuck on the stem.

Been a long, long...too long...time since I could post in this thread. Seems like buying new tools is a thing of the past for me. However, couple of weeks ago took advantage of the Ryobi days deals and picked up the 3-speed impact and 3Ah HD battery kit. Today I had to run out and pick up a pair of 16" adjustable pliers...apparently I really don't have every tool I need like I thought I did.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hikoki 36V Multivolt angle grinder. Like every Multivolt tool I've bought, it has a VERY high build quality. I think the variable speed will come in useful (5 speed settings from 3000rpm - 9500rpm). When running this at 3000rpm, the speed is quite low, so there's a lot of range available.

I'm loving the Multivolt so far, especially the reciprocating saw!

IMG20190703130741.jpg

IMG20190704160325.jpg

IMG20190704160311.jpg

IMG20190704164410_1.jpg

IMG20190704164421.jpg

• Like 2

c0c3300c716f0450124b31494ebe75e7.jpg

Won a Rapid Drill on Instagram, pretty cool drilling jig, if you guys are interested I could create a thread with some more in depth pics and videos, basically attaches to your drill and is kind of like a mobile press, great for drilling through metal

This is the slim model they also have a pro with a larger capacity

I bought the Flexvolt grinder bare tool, a 21 in commercial push mower from Toro with a bbc and Kawasaki engine (roughly $1300 push mower), and I got the All American Sharpener.

Still waiting on my EGO replacement trimmer. They are supposed to send one. 3 calls and 3 weeks later they still haven't sent it.