What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Good or bad week depending on how you look at it [emoji38].

First got the senca woodworking 1/2"-3/4" plate for the domino.

Next got the medium shoulder plane from verits during the Cyber Monday deal. I see no spot where it would be considered a "second".

Last I had been wanting a dust extractor for quite a while. The flex 9 gal vac had been on sale for $299 from acme and other places. It got as low as $249 from Tyler tool that I saw. I almost purchased it but held off. I woke up Monday and Google showed the 12 gal vac at $180 from cpo [emoji50]. I bought it right then and it arrived today. Needless to say they are now not even showing on the website, 9 gal still is though. [emoji16]9aa1b0325b55e3c29d8164c434e3677a.jpg97062cac2c3e34cb3fbb803a08b12f22.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Does that jigsaw have a light on it?

i’ve had 4 or 5  18 V Dewalt jigsaw‘s.

I like them a lot , but I had to replace the blade holder on a couple of them and everyone I had... the variable speed trigger would malfunction, after  a while. I replaced a couple of the triggers,

A couple years ago I bought the 20 V Dewalt jigsaw and that has been good so far, knock on wood.

By having so many different jigsaw’s over the years ,I ended up with several of the plastic base covers. I ended gluing a 3/4” thick piece of flooring to one of the base plates.

this would move the cut , down  the blade to a new spot ,that the teeth were still brand new.

(hopefully that makes sense ).

I always thought someone should make a jigsaw that has an adjustable base height, this would make the blade last much longer.

I like the looks of the new fuel jig saw.

ill probably pick one up soon.

It’ll probably look much better in my pack out cases , than the yellow one  does 😜

• Like 1

This is the new brushless XR jiggy. Of the reviews I have seen, it smokes the new Milwaukee. Equipped with LED too. I will hold my opinion in the Red vs Yellow war but my red tools are growing in numbers but only in the specialty tool area.  I have had a lot more luck with yellow over red in build quality and got rid of everything red about five years ago  But....to each their own. It’s like Ford vs. Chevy. Everyone knows Toyota is better.  Anyways, these tools were a smart purchase with a surprise 4.0 I didn’t even know came in the package for $174. A total steal.  Chris is getting some Ryobi stuff too.....hmmmmm....

• Like 2

Ordered a Bench Dog cast iron router table from Rockler. Comes with a metal stand and a fence. Should arrive Tuesday.

I also got a 6 in Diablo carbide blade for thick metal and two DeWALT 24 in trigger clamps with the 600 lb rating from Home Depot.

I also got the Ego snowblower with the 2 5.0’s, a Knipex pliers wrench, a new towball/hitch from Menards.

The final thing I got is my most expensive tool purchase ever. I got a 2013 f-150 fx4. It was a single owner with 109,000 mostly road miles. I didn’t have a preference on brand. This one just happened to meet my criteria with flying colors.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jronman said:

Ordered a Bench Dog cast iron router table from Rockler. Comes with a metal stand and a fence. Should arrive Tuesday.

I also got a 6 in Diablo carbide blade for thick metal and two DeWALT 24 in trigger clamps with the 600 lb rating from Home Depot.

I also got the Ego snowblower with the 2 5.0’s, a Knipex pliers wrench, a new towball/hitch from Menards.

The final thing I got is my most expensive tool purchase ever. I got a 2013 f-150 fx4. It was a single owner with 109,000 mostly road miles. I didn’t have a preference on brand. This one just happened to meet my criteria with flying colors.

Nice bro me congratulations on the truck! I just got a 2012 Tundra  with a 119k at rolling in my pimped our Pacifica....don’t get me started....isn’t help the dude card. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AlexW32 said:

I really wanted to get the DeWALT DCS334 or DCS335 due to great reviews and the fact that I own five DeWALT batteries,

You can get the premium DCS356 that replaced the DCS355 for only $99 bare tool which is a pretty good deal if you ask me. It has the 3 speed switch and supposedly some vibration improvements. I don't know how long it will be for $99 usd or if it still is. I would check Acme and Toolnut for sale pricing.

I got a Menards gift card for Christmas. I am considering getting Milescraft Pocket hole jig to use in an upcoming project but I'm waiting until I go to a physical location to buy. The online pricing at Menards is ridiculous. I'm not paying a handling fee when hardly anyone else even charges a handling fee on regular items anymore. If it was big and heavy that is understandable but not a $50 Milescraft Pocket hole jig. The lack of shipping and handling fees will be roughly $11 total in savings.

Your right, it is awesome!!
i love how all the accessories store on board.
Now I need the stand . I used it today on saw horses.
0DD5595A-2761-403B-967F-DE05BDA62118.thumb.jpeg.d0aba042f35e1c1ce1a70293c9121273.jpeg
I also like how much faster and easier it is to raise and lower the blade than the dewalt table saw I have.
Yea the stand certainly isn't anything special but easy enough to move around even with the table saw attached to it. It gets the job done tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

• Like 1