What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

I picked up the Milescraft dowel jig, a drill bit for it, and a box of dowels from Menards the other day. I also got a couple grr-rip blocks from Rockler. The gripping performance is impressive. I also ordered some led light bars off of Amazon and a pair of Keen insulated shoes.

I bought...okay, I returned a few purchases yesterday.  While I'll continue searching for great in-store tool deals, I think I'll switch gears back to firearms while saving for retirement these next couple of years.  I've realized that my gun collection has shrunk to around 30 or so after a burglary, trades, and sales.  It's time to replace my S&W 19 (stolen), finally buy a S&W 29, and perhaps modernize my rifle and shotgun collection a little.  I can still post them here if you want...they are rather powerful tools.  😀

Congrats on everyone's 2019 additions, and best of luck with 2020!  See you guys around the forums and elsewhere.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 10:38 PM, Biggie said:

20200108_213524.thumb.jpg.4f8fa1e32a139692a418fbd56a35cc55.jpg

I actually picked up the dcf880 on a black Friday deal with a free battery and then I had to take advantage of an end of year deal on the dcf894h.

It can't hurt to have both the smaller and the more powerful impact wrenches.  As it stands now, I find myself using an impact driver and adapter for running off nuts that have already been broken loose.

I found a DCF880 on clearance at Tractor Supply a couple of years ago but passed on it.  I have both the Fuel 2763 and 2767, but those are rather large, so eventually I'd like to get a more compact 1/2" impact wrench as well as 3/8" and 1/4" tools.  I guess the good thing about having so many different battery systems is that I'm not tied to a particular brand, so I'll likely pick up whatever I find cheap--be it DeWalt, M12, M18, Ridgid, or Ryobi.  

• Like 1

177521699_BrushlessPlaner.thumb.jpg.f7d6e6b26c5c02498b6de5cb2bb2f716.jpg

Christmas/New Year present to myself.

Runs pretty sweet.

Cuts 3mm, old brushed version does 2mm

And this new one has a 25mm (1") rebate, super handy and one of the main reasons I got it.

Not available in the states yet, but shouldn't be long I guess.

I have done a review on my channel for those interested.

Happy New Year!

• Like 1

I gave in...picked up the DeWalt Xtreme 3/8" impact wrench and a free DCL510 light despite already having two of the lights.  Lowe's is giving away the light (a $50 value) with the purchase of any Xtreme kit.  The impact wrench looks and feels tiny despite it not being too much smaller than a 20v Max impact driver I have on the counter.  Regardless, it fills a niche that I lacked in the tool department.

I also gave Home Depot and TTI some money.  They are offering a free tool with the purchase of a 3Ah starter kit.  This kit doesn't include the fast charger they offered a few years ago but it's still a great buy.  Anyway, I picked up the bolt cutters to see how they work.  I doubt they'll be good for the military grade Series 5200 locks I usually cut (those require a lot of leverage), so I'll likely use them to cut thicker wire such as fencing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fm2176 said:

I gave in...picked up the DeWalt Xtreme 3/8" impact wrench 

I think you'll be happy about the purchase, they're a great compact light weight tool.  While I consider the m12 stubby to be more of a specialty tool, I actually prefer the dewalt xtreme as an every day tool.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ordered a DeWALT industrial rack to store in a storage unit I rent. First time I have ever chosen the ship to store option. I saved roughly $50 by doing so vs shipping to my home. I also ordered a couple Rubbermaid Brute 20 gallon containers. I currently have a couple of the cheap bins which got me by but I need something that will last and the Brutes are legendary. I hope they last.

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered the Festool 576676 Granat 60-220 Grit Abrasive Assortment Systainer For 5" (125mm) Sanders. It is only $199 before tax which is a decent deal considering how much everything would be if you got them all separate. I also bought some lids for my rubbermaid brute trashcans, and some blades for my Scag mower. I'm hoping the blades come as advertised. They claim to be OEM Marbain blades so we will see I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently noticed the price for this 12” Makita 36V miter is now essentially the same as the corded model, so figured there was no reason to wait any longer to buy. Even while I have no major projects for it immediately. Just did a few test cuts putting together a couple small things and it seems pretty good so far. Nice dust clearing as is often mentioned by others, smooth mechanism, surprisingly well calibrated out of the box. I skipped the max efficiency blade straight away for a Diablo that is also suited for cutting plastics, same as that on my table saw.

7744635C-010E-476C-846E-573D3E665DB9.jpeg

7CD9FABB-586F-436B-893C-3C49DE9F5FB1.jpeg

Cleared Lowe's out of Bosch 7/8", 1-1/8", and 1-3/8" hole saws this morning, about four of each.  Also bought out the Bosch #2 square 2-inch bits.  Hole saws made in China, bits made in Vietnam.  All were just over $2 with military discount, down from over $12.  Also bought another bucket to quarantine them in.  

• 3 weeks later...

So last year my truck was stolen and my Milwaukee 1/2 impact wrench along with many other tools was stolen by some rat bastards!! My Bday was Friday and I didn’t have a chance to post till now but my amazing wifey and amazing children got me this!! Man I’m so happy lil by lil I’m getting my tools back it just sucks we have to spend twice on these... on the brighter side this is the new beast with 1400lbs of breaking power!! 

3E70E7F0-7960-41A1-971F-6244974CB107.jpeg

• Like 1