What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

I've had the Bosch 1587 for almost 20 years and aside from replacing a few parts it's held up well as a job site saw. Now I'm thinking about getting a new saw and keeping the Bosch at home. Sadly I know that none of the brushless tools or tools with MOSFET controllers will last as long as the Milwaukee, Porter cable and Makita tools I bought in the mid 90s when I started my business. 

That said, do I go Makita, Bosch, Milwaukee or Festool for a new jigsaw?

It's a nice tool but I don't know why I bought it other than I have an addiction haha.  I already have the m12 stubby 1/2" and to be honest I just don't use it except for specific situations.  For my everyday work the slimmer gen2 compact impact wrench just work better for getting into tight corners and flanges.

I got quite a bit this past week. I ordered some Epoxy to try out. I wanted to go with Black Forest Epoxy but their stock in the smaller amounts was gone so I went with a 1 gallon kit from TotalBoat.
I also got a multipack of Black Diamond pigments which came with something like 100 different colors in 5 gram packs.
I also ordered an ego ADB1000 so I can plug in my commercial battery into my residential stuff. I expect it will be good for the blower when I do leaf cleanups. I also got a replacement 10in chain for my ego pole saw and an AWH1500 wall mount to hang my commercial battery and charger. I also will be getting a replacement 650 cfm blower under warranty.
I also got a DJI OM4 to step up my phone camera game.
From Shaper I got 2 rolls of double sided tape and 2 Shaper branded sys1 systainers with foam insert. The plan is to cut out custom inserts for all the Shaper Origin and Workstation accessories/parts.
Finally I got a stainless 18" woodworking square with case from Woodpeckers. I wanted something more accurate than my el cheapo framing and rafter squares.

• Like 1

Bought a few more tools. Got all the batteries and chargers for free on many of deals at Home Depot. Lowes had a "Buy a Kit and Choose a Free Tool". Took advantage of that too. Wife now wants to learn how to use them...and has even said buy some more when I find more good deals (for the tools that we use). Probably will be some woodworking tools in the future. 

IMG_20201127_103417.jpg

On 11/27/2020 at 10:00 AM, Jronman said:

I got quite a bit this past week. I ordered some Epoxy to try out. I wanted to go with Black Forest Epoxy but their stock in the smaller amounts was gone so I went with a 1 gallon kit from TotalBoat.
I also got a multipack of Black Diamond pigments which came with something like 100 different colors in 5 gram packs.
I also ordered an ego ADB1000 so I can plug in my commercial battery into my residential stuff. I expect it will be good for the blower when I do leaf cleanups. I also got a replacement 10in chain for my ego pole saw and an AWH1500 wall mount to hang my commercial battery and charger. I also will be getting a replacement 650 cfm blower under warranty.
I also got a DJI OM4 to step up my phone camera game.
From Shaper I got 2 rolls of double sided tape and 2 Shaper branded sys1 systainers with foam insert. The plan is to cut out custom inserts for all the Shaper Origin and Workstation accessories/parts.
Finally I got a stainless 18" woodworking square with case from Woodpeckers. I wanted something more accurate than my el cheapo framing and rafter squares.

What are you doing with the Epoxy?  Looks like you got some nice stuff.

On 11/27/2020 at 12:45 PM, jrrod2004 said:

Bought a few more tools. Got all the batteries and chargers for free on many of deals at Home Depot. Lowes had a "Buy a Kit and Choose a Free Tool". Took advantage of that too. Wife now wants to learn how to use them...and has even said buy some more when I find more good deals (for the tools that we use). Probably will be some woodworking tools in the future. 

IMG_20201127_103417.jpg

That is a crazy amount of tools.  I am jealous.  I think you have a bigger stock of Dewalt than Home Depot

Got myself a Makita DCS552(XSC03) metal cutting circ saw, mainly for steel stud interior walls and standing seam steel roof work, neither of which could have justified the purchase alone, but when im doing little bit of both every now and then, its worth it.

4 hours ago, Eric - TIA said:

What are you doing with the Epoxy?  Looks like you got some nice stuff.

Going to start with projects I cut out with my cnc then the goal is once I have some experience with epoxy transitioning to large scale projects like tables.

On 11/27/2020 at 12:45 PM, jrrod2004 said:

IMG_20201127_103417.jpg

Wow the wife said buy MORE tools? Must be an awesome wife to encourage tool buying.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jronman said:

Going to start with projects I cut out with my cnc then the goal is once I have some experience with epoxy transitioning to large scale projects like tables.

That's awesome.  I have seen some really cool things done with Epoxy.  Hopefully I can get some time to do the same.  Keep me up to date, always like seeing that stuff.

On 11/28/2020 at 6:57 PM, MattV said:

Picked up the impact driver and sawzall on black Friday deals, aaand I think I'm done spending money on toola for a bit. Kind of lucked out, as I have pretty much everything I wanted for work, and managed to get everything on a good sale except for the 3/4" impact.

Don't curse yourself, especially with the post-holiday deals coming up.  Home Depot will often have their holiday specials marked down 25-75%; I picked up my two M18 brushless compact drills for $54 apiece (Special Buy price was $99, marked down to $60 with add'l 10% discount) mostly for the compact batteries.

I started out simple five years ago, deciding to go DeWalt all the way.  Deals, TIA reviews/recommendations, and necessity now sees me with DeWalt, Milwaukee, Ridgid, and Ryobi, in different voltages and with everything from archaic brushed tools to M18 Fuel One Key.  I can't remember how many times I've told myself I'm done buying tools only to find another deal or discover I needed something I didn't have or couldn't find.  

7 hours ago, fm2176 said:

Don't curse yourself, especially with the post-holiday deals coming up.  Home Depot will often have their holiday specials marked down 25-75%; I picked up my two M18 brushless compact drills for $54 apiece (Special Buy price was $99, marked down to $60 with add'l 10% discount) mostly for the compact batteries.

I started out simple five years ago, deciding to go DeWalt all the way.  Deals, TIA reviews/recommendations, and necessity now sees me with DeWalt, Milwaukee, Ridgid, and Ryobi, in different voltages and with everything from archaic brushed tools to M18 Fuel One Key.  I can't remember how many times I've told myself I'm done buying tools only to find another deal or discover I needed something I didn't have or couldn't find.  

I fully expect to buy more eventually, but my budget is spent for the time being

• Like 1