What tools did you buy today?

I almost exclusively invest in Bosch power tools. Adding this Jig Saw to my tool assortment was a no brainer. It's light, powerful and radius cutting is a breeze. The quick-change blade and dust blower features are awesome!
I would give it a perfect 5.0 score if two features were improved:
1. I wish that the LED light functioned only when the toll was actually cutting... it comes on the moment the tool is plugged in. I guess it was designed that way to let you know that the tool is energized???
2. This jig saw needs a trigger type switch... the sliding switch is cumbersome and shutting down the tool in a panic situation is difficult.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UPS stopped by today  

Got this Friday.  Seems much nicer than my old 18 volt Black and Decker Firestorm

Mrs. Conductor bought lots of shit. We fill up her car every year, but this year was the worst yet. She rode home with a shop vac on her lap and I literally had to stuff the last couple of bags in the

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the Bosch 1587 for almost 20 years and aside from replacing a few parts it's held up well as a job site saw. Now I'm thinking about getting a new saw and keeping the Bosch at home. Sadly I know that none of the brushless tools or tools with MOSFET controllers will last as long as the Milwaukee, Porter cable and Makita tools I bought in the mid 90s when I started my business. 

That said, do I go Makita, Bosch, Milwaukee or Festool for a new jigsaw?

When it comes to Jigs, I am a huge fan of Bosch, but only for the same reason as you.  I have an old one and it has been a champ.  When mine goes, I am going back with Bosch. All great tools but just seems like Bosch holds up over the time and especially with their jigs.

It's a nice tool but I don't know why I bought it other than I have an addiction haha.  I already have the m12 stubby 1/2" and to be honest I just don't use it except for specific situations.  For my everyday work the slimmer gen2 compact impact wrench just work better for getting into tight corners and flanges.