What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

I heat my house with a wood stove. Stacking wood in the summer and carrying it in all winter is hard on work gloves and they rarely last a full year.

I was in the depot the other day and saw these, so I figure I'd give them a shot to see how they hold up to several tons of firewood.

1ad41b8491808f88e7c137d922391c21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love those gloves

Jimbo

Bought a Wagner heat gun and a Ryobi 18v orbital jigsaw. Already gave the jigsaw its place of honor...

post-28618-0-33232000-1456029138_thumb.j

Made a monogram for my daughter's wall with the jigsaw, she painted it, then I used the heat gun to dry the paint. got a lot of stuff planned with the jigsaw. Want to make some yard decorations for X-mas and other stuff

• Like 2

Bought a Wagner heat gun and a Ryobi 18v orbital jigsaw. Already gave the jigsaw its place of honor...

attachicon.gifRyobi Tools 001.JPG

Made a monogram for my daughter's wall with the jigsaw, she painted it, then I used the heat gun to dry the paint. got a lot of stuff planned with the jigsaw. Want to make some yard decorations for X-mas and other stuff

Very nice collection Ed, looks sweet. Ryobination would be proud!

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

attachicon.gifRyobi Tools 001.JPG

How do you have them bad boys mounted? Empty ni cad pack?

Jimbo

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1456032090.042058.jpg

Amazon warehouse fairy - Irwin Hanson extraction kit noted for packaging damage so it wasn't in the original packaging, thing was brand new and under 20 bucks... Gotta love amazon warehouse.

Jimbo

Gotta Love The amazon fairy! Those cobalt jimbo?

Picked up this today. It's a tool of my trade. Ruger 10-22 collector series with some sweet sights and a picatinni rail and modular stock. This thing is sweet. Got a rock Chuck with the first couple rounds. It'll hit dead center of a bullseye at 100 yds no problem.

29f97c38ad1194a7872b74c8f24c4a1c.jpg

947b4d05dc1889cd3c7ad3bfb4882adc.jpg

. Love the look of it with the banana clip man!
  • Like 1

I heat my house with a wood stove. Stacking wood in the summer and carrying it in all winter is hard on work gloves and they rarely last a full year.

I was in the depot the other day and saw these, so I figure I'd give them a shot to see how they hold up to several tons of firewood.

1ad41b8491808f88e7c137d922391c21.jpg

been eyeing those gloves for awhile kdv they look cool plus I think I read somewhere there ment for the cold to? I work in the freezers during my morning job so these would be nice to have.

been eyeing those gloves for awhile kdv they look cool plus I think I read somewhere there ment for the cold to? I work in the freezers during my morning job so these would be nice to have.

I was going to grab a pair of these gloves the other day at home depot, but the XL were too small. I've got some pretty big hands but usually I can get into XL. I liked the gloves, I'm going to have to see if they come XXL.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Very nice collection Ed, looks sweet. Ryobination would be proud!

John, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[emoji848]

I have enough Ryobi stuff to make Home Depot look under-stocked.

How do you have them bad boys mounted? Empty ni cad pack?

Jimbo

Yup. Pulled the battery cells out and screwed the cases to the shelf. Used to be lined up under a cabinet but I rearranged the garage so I could park in it. Totally redid the whole workbench and everything. It used to look like this...

19052207514_caafda9da2_b.jpg

Garage 052 by Edward Durbin, on Flickr

• Like 3

I have enough Ryobi stuff to make Home Depot look under-stocked.

Yup. Pulled the battery cells out and screwed the cases to the shelf. Used to be lined up under a cabinet but I rearranged the garage so I could park in it. Totally redid the whole workbench and everything. It used to look like this...

19052207514_caafda9da2_b.jpg

Garage 052 by Edward Durbin, on Flickr

this is an awesome storage system

Brilliant! Except how did you come across batteries that you could tear apart like that? I assume the batteries were unusable?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I don't know about other brands, but Ryobi batteries are held together with 6 screws. You can take the battery apart and get rid of the cells, then screw the shell back together. To attach them to the cabinet or shelf I just drill a couple of holes in the wood and throw a couple of screws down into the shell. The plastic is actually pretty strong for what it is, and if you screw them down tight the plastic doesn't break...at least none of them have broken yet. Most of the tools are light enough that there's not a lot of stress on the "mount", the only stuff that's questionable if at all is the circular saws and the Airstrike nailer.

Of course it's not foolproof, the old "blue" nailer/stapler won't click-in onto a couple of the shells very well so I have to make sure I keep the right shell with that tool. Otherwise I have no issues, and it's easy to put the tools onto the mounts and take them off one-handed.

The only "unusable" thing about the batteries is that they're NiCads, and when they're dead they're dead. Can't really do anything with them besides rebuild them or toss them, and I wasn't gonna spend the time, money, or effort to try and fix them. Sadly, like I said, I threw a bunch away. Used to have around 24 batteries, and now I only have around 14 shells I think. 

• Like 1

this is an awesome storage system

I don't know if it'd be as successful with the "better" brands, I'd hate to take apart some of those expensive batteries just to hang tools.

. Thanks bro I'm super happy I just wish I could stay home and mess with it lol but I have to get ready me and the fam are going to my nephews BDay party so no time to play with it :( I'm just wondering what brand nails should I buy for it?

In Ireland I just buy the dewalt nails as the rest of them come with gas which isn't needed. I'm sure you've a bigger choice in the US