What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

• 3 weeks later...

Got the Ridgid Octane recip.  3100 strokes per minute and 1-1/8" stroke length, compared to 3200 SPM and 1-1/4" for the new Ridgid recip.  I don't know how it compares to my Gen 1 Fuel, but I know it will smoke the 4X recip I picked up on clearance a few years ago.  Price has dropped to $67.50 ($75 without add'l 10%).

I also grabbed some Diablo recip blades, despite getting a couple of the Milwaukee promo blade sets last week.  I'm gutting a camper to use for storage and broke out the Fuel Sawzall and the M12 Fuel Hackzall last week, but I left my big batteries at home.  The M18 2.0Ah and M12 1.5Ah batteries required multiple charges as I cut paneling and cabinets for the burn barrel.

• Like 1

https://toolguyd.com/dewalt-xtreme-cordless-drill-reciprocating-saw-tool-backpack-bundle-deal/

Ordered this kit, should be ready for pickup next week.  I have the older 12v Max tools along with more than a few batteries, most of which are about 10 years old.  I'll give my current drill and pivoting recip to a friend, who received one of my 12v Max screwdrivers a month or so ago.  

I was debating the drill a few months ago, when Lowe's offered a free 5Ah battery, but passed in it after reading reviews comparing it to the M12 Fuel (which I also have).  The recip should be fun to compare to the Fuel Hackzall, and I'll probably kit the bag out for electrical jobs, to include either the Xtreme or Fuel tools.

My Ego Nexus arrived. Haven't had much use with it yet. I also had a Festool battery go bad. It was an older model of 5.2 ah 18v pre fuel display. I decided to stock up on batteries. I ordered two 6.2 ah from Acme Tools yesterday. I also preordered the limited edition energy kit and ordered the Syslight Kal II (withiout the mount) from Festool Products today. The energy kit comes with 4 batteries and one airstream charger. 2x 5.2ah and 2x 4.0 ah high power. All 6 batteries I got are the bluetooth enabled options. I should receive the 6.2 ah batteries and light soon and the energy kit in August sometime. Many kits are moving to the 4.0 ah slim packs which are not compatible with my tsc55. The Tsc55 requires either the 8 cell 15v or 10 cell 18v batteries. The limited options of kits with 10 cell batteries made for a tough decision. The kits included 10 cell batteries included tools that I either didn't want/need or wasn't ready to buy yet. The energy kit is a good value but with it being a preorder item I would have to wait almost 2 months to get it. I opted for a combination of energy kit and single batteries. Single batteries isn't ideal in terms of value but I needed replacements soon and with the better value of the energy kit it would keep me ready to go once my other older packs fail on me. 

I would have ordered everything yesterday, but I found out FestoolProducts/ToolNut has removed PayPal as a purchasing option. They don't know if or when it will become an option again. Super disappointed with this decision since I make most of my online purchases using PayPal. My debit card is limited to $1000 per day which occasionally becomes an issue when I need to make high dollar purchases. I think PayPal has a $10,000 limit per transaction which is much nicer.

On 6/12/2021 at 8:42 AM, fm2176 said:

https://toolguyd.com/dewalt-xtreme-cordless-drill-reciprocating-saw-tool-backpack-bundle-deal/

Ordered this kit, should be ready for pickup next week.  I have the older 12v Max tools along with more than a few batteries, most of which are about 10 years old.  I'll give my current drill and pivoting recip to a friend, who received one of my 12v Max screwdrivers a month or so ago.  

I was debating the drill a few months ago, when Lowe's offered a free 5Ah battery, but passed in it after reading reviews comparing it to the M12 Fuel (which I also have).  The recip should be fun to compare to the Fuel Hackzall, and I'll probably kit the bag out for electrical jobs, to include either the Xtreme or Fuel tools.

Picked this up this morning.  Clearing out of the in-laws' house and have the truck loaded up with scrap, including some copper rods, so I'm taking the Xtreme kit, M12 Hackzall, and pivoting 12v Max recip to tear down some of the scrap with a friend.  Once we're done, the older 12v Max tools will stay with him. 

My sys light kal II and two 6.2 ah batteries arrived. The light is ok. I would have expected a much brighter light for the $200 price tag. The light it shines is a nice light though. I  would like to see a 3rd generation that is brighter to make the value of the product much better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Stopped by Direct Tools Outlet on my way back from North Carolina and picked up the Ryobi inflator for $36.  I wanted to buy something there but have nearly everything I need, so I went cheap.  I plan to kit all of our vehicles out with inflators, impact wrenches, and basic emergency kits.  Already had the DeWalt and M12 inflators, so I figured I'd get this one.  Next will probably be a Ridgid version for my son's car; I got him an impact wrench and drill/impact driver combo a couple of years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/model-29

It's a tool.  Bought it to (finally) replace the Model 19 that was stolen back in December 2012.  I have a feeling another .357 will be coming soon as a more practical carry revolver.  Now I need to order a couple of speed loaders and a few speed strips, and find a couple of decent holsters.  

• Like 1

I bought a couple spare ego commercial trimmer heads. I found out they are compatible with the powerhead string trimmer. Super awesome because the quick reloading heads on the power head break quite easy. My last residential head I started using this year and it already broke. The commercial one will last quite a bit longer. I have yet to break the commercial head after heavy use.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...