What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

I have enough Ryobi stuff to make Home Depot look under-stocked.

Yup. Pulled the battery cells out and screwed the cases to the shelf. Used to be lined up under a cabinet but I rearranged the garage so I could park in it. Totally redid the whole workbench and everything. It used to look like this...

19052207514_caafda9da2_b.jpg

Garage 052 by Edward Durbin, on Flickr

. Sweet set up Kato I really need to organize my bench big time!

3587be8d9175fddfa662623ed5253836.jpg

Not a tool per say but used daily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice boots, what brand?

I have caterpillar brand boots and I'll never go back

I've heard good and bad about those. I'll have to check them out when my Georgia's go out. Can you get them without a steel toe? I cant do steel toe boots for safety reasons.

Any roofers out there? Curious to what I should use on a metal roof not to slip I used to use a pair of vans board shoes but old and blew them out. Anyone try the ones at lowes awp roofing shoes

All I can say is that I'd avoid georgias. Was up on cold damp tin and slid flat on my back. Luckily I had a manlift to catch myself on or I'd be hosed. My dad does a lot of roofing and uses tennis shoes.
  • Like 1

Yea I always saw roofers wear sneakers on a standing seam roof

If it's steep enough that grippy shoes don't help, take apart an extension ladder and put one section on each side of the roof with a strap to hold them over the peak. Also put something on the ladder to avoid scratching the metal

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Welcome to TAA everybody,

Hi my name's Carl and im a toolaholic.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Admission is step 1, I'm still in the denial stage... Oooo look hammers are in clear menace I need at least 10!

Jimbo

• Like 1

I realized I had a problem when I was skipping class just to look at tools. They weren't even good tools, I would use any tools I could get my hands on. Craftsman's, husky's and then it got to the point where this happened. 9e1c26b8e3e3c4f7617191ca2eeb8459.jpg[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] I had to realize that I had a problem and every tool I bought took away a little piece of me before I could start the long road to recovery. Shortly after realizing that I said "f%#$ it those protos are shiny". I dont know why I bother coming to these meetings anymore. Im constantly confronted with pushers triggering me with phrases like one is never enough.[emoji6]

• Like 2