What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

I realized I had a problem when I was skipping class just to look at tools. They weren't even good tools, I would use any tools I could get my hands on. Craftsman's, husky's and then it got to the point where this happened. 9e1c26b8e3e3c4f7617191ca2eeb8459.jpg[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] I had to realize that I had a problem and every tool I bought took away a little piece of me before I could start the long road to recovery. Shortly after realizing that I said "f%#$ it those protos are shiny". I dont know why I bother coming to these meetings anymore. Im constantly confronted with pushers triggering me with phrases like one is never enough.[emoji6]

Holy Crap, that must have been some haul from HF, please post some pics of what you picked up....

• Like 5

Any roofers out there? Curious to what I should use on a metal roof not to slip I used to use a pair of vans board shoes but old and blew them out. Anyone try the ones at lowes awp roofing shoes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a pair of tennis shoes. Is all I use. Or if it's steep a ladder with a ladder horn or some call them a stabilizer. To hook over the ridge. Or tie your self off to a tree or truck hitch on the other side. Be smart and safe.

Millerz

• Like 1

I've heard that Bosch will give Fein it's run for the money.

So far I like the form factor of the Fein better. It's minor but it just seems to feel better while holding it. Next up will be a vibration comparison. The soft starts are two different animals as well. The Bosch has a pause and then ramps up to full speed pretty quickly. The Fein is much more gradual.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

So far I like the form factor of the Fein better. It's minor but it just seems to feel better while holding it. Next up will be a vibration comparison. The soft starts are two different animals as well. The Bosch has a pause and then ramps up to full speed pretty quickly. The Fein is much more gradual.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I've got the Dewalt 20v OMT. Sometimes I feel it's underpowered cutting hard woods. Would a corded Bosch be a significant upgrade or should I just but better blades? Other than vibration and blade changing mechanisms, I'm honestly not sure what the big differentiators are with OMTs.

Had to go to Menard's and pick up a couple pieces of wood to finish a project, came home with this nice little screwdriver set, was around 9 bucks I think, 9.99 or something like that...

25065422102_95777b48a5_b.jpg

IMG_0877 by Edward Durbin, on Flickr

Nice grab. Looking to upgrade my kobalts, what brand are those?

Took me a few minutes of searching through the recycle bin before I realized that I threw the package in the garbage in the kitchen..."Tool Rich"?? Never heard of them but the set is pretty nice...

post-28618-0-40658100-1456111964_thumb.j

I've only heard a little bit on here about menards but there is one in Philadelphia here. Is there anything special about that store over the HD

Nothing special, cheaper tools, they do have some bosch and some other decent tools but a lot of lower quality chinese stuff.  Personally I love their lumber they have great prices and an awesome selection, other than that HD is better with tools by a long shot.