What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Picked up a few things the last week. Snapon led light, Bosch multi tool (corded), 4 12" clamps, sharpening stone for my chisels, and a large empire rafter square. I am going to build a sharponer from john heiz on youtube. My router should be here Friday [emoji16]

IMG_20160224_234153956_zpsi2iyleg7.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

After all my bad mouthing about European prices I ended up making purchase from Uk..... Plan to make a decent post with shipping cost taxes and reasons for choosing each particular tool etc as soon as I get a chance! Am just delighted to have the tools now and start getting some work done so they can start paying for themselves!!!! Everything in picture is new. I saved up for a long time thinking iv be making one large order from canada. long storey but canada turned out to be a no go while trying to pay...

Fire away with any questions if you wish and as I said ill try get a post up in the next 2 weeks.

All the best.

17 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Picked up a few things the last week. Snapon led light, Bosch multi tool (corded), 4 12" clamps, sharpening stone for my chisels, and a large empire rafter square. I am going to build a sharponer from john heiz on youtube. My router should be here Friday [emoji16]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Where did you get these items? Especially curious about the Snap On light, is there retail outlets that sell Snap On items? Auto parts stores?

Fingers got a little sticky while buying some gloves at Ace today. Got the set of nut drivers and screwdrivers, never had a set of either, just had one here and there, and Ace has always been good quality for me in the past buying tools from, hope they still are.

20160225_165700.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Fingers got a little sticky while buying some gloves at Ace today. Got the set of nut drivers and screwdrivers, never had a set of either, just had one here and there, and Ace has always been good quality for me in the past buying tools from, hope they still are.

How deep are the nut drivers hollowed out? That's my biggest pet peeve with my Craftsman nut drivers, they're shallow.

Those look a lot like the HD Husky made in the USA screwdrivers, which I've heard good things about.

20 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

How deep are the nut drivers hollowed out? That's my biggest pet peeve with my Craftsman nut drivers, they're shallow.

Those look a lot like the HD Husky made in the USA screwdrivers, which I've heard good things about.

Look to be about 3/8" deep, not a lot of extra room there if you're going on nut with some bolt sticking out. But that's not what I bought them for. I use them for screws in equipment panels, and the worm screws on pipe clamps, other things like that

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Look to be about 3/8" deep, not a lot of extra room there if you're going on nut with some bolt sticking out. But that's not what I bought them for. I use them for screws in equipment panels, and the worm screws on pipe clamps, other things like that

About the same as the Craftsman. I normally don't run into any issue but when I do it sucks having to grab a combination wrench after you had a tool that might have been able to do the job. It's not really worth the cost of a Williams or European nut driver set to me but if the Ace would have worked, I might have bit. Their branded tools are nice, their ratcheting combination wrenches are Gearwrench.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Where did you get these items? Especially curious about the Snap On light, is there retail outlets that sell Snap On items? Auto parts stores?

I got the light and multi x at Menard's. The light I think is $50 after rebate and the multi x was $119 on sale, normally $180. The light im sure is a rebrand of something. Menards sells a snapon electric pressure washer as well. The clamps were from ace. The square and sharpening stone are from HD.

I'm all over the place. Lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BMack37 said:

About the same as the Craftsman. I normally don't run into any issue but when I do it sucks having to grab a combination wrench after you had a tool that might have been able to do the job. It's not really worth the cost of a Williams or European nut driver set to me but if the Ace would have worked, I might have bit. Their branded tools are nice, their ratcheting combination wrenches are Gearwrench.

Have you thought about buying a driver that will accept sockets? That way you have either option without having to carry a full set of both.