What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

2 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Have you thought about buying a driver that will accept sockets? That way you have either option without having to carry a full set of both. 

Like a spinner handle? I have a nice ratcheting Gearwrench set with multiple length 1/4" hex and square shafts(Which I highly recommend btw). The problem lies on the rare occasion that there is a longer screw and a nut; the nicer nut drivers have a hollow shaft that can accept a few inches of screw, even more than a deep socket would accept.

15 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Like a spinner handle? I have a nice ratcheting Gearwrench set with multiple length 1/4" hex and square shafts(Which I highly recommend btw). The problem lies on the rare occasion that there is a longer screw and a nut; the nicer nut drivers have a hollow shaft that can accept a few inches of screw, even more than a deep socket would accept.

this http://www.kctoolco.com/felo-ergonic-screwdriver-w-adaptor-for-sockets-1-4-p/f61479.htm It will allow you to use deep well sockets for the added length you are wanting. Can keep carrying a socket set and just 1 of these handles instead of a whole set of nut drivers and socket set. 

1 minute ago, rrich1 said:

this http://www.kctoolco.com/felo-ergonic-screwdriver-w-adaptor-for-sockets-1-4-p/f61479.htm It will allow you to use deep well sockets for the added length you are wanting. 

I have a handle like that, what I'm saying is that some nut drivers can accept screws that are DEEPER than a deep well socket. They're literally hollow almost the entire way of the tool.

7 minutes ago, rrich1 said:

ah...gotya. i got nothing for you then 

haha, yeah man...it sucks because in that case it's nut driver(which are kinda expensive for a rarely used tool or combination wrench which is not ideal in those situations because there's nothing to hold the wrench onto the nut other than your hand.

26 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

haha, yeah man...it sucks because in that case it's nut driver(which are kinda expensive for a rarely used tool or combination wrench which is not ideal in those situations because there's nothing to hold the wrench onto the nut other than your hand.

https://www.channellock.com/screwdrivers.aspx?feature=nutdrivers

The professionals are hallow shaft design

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jswoger1986 said:

Let us know how u like it I'm between that and the dewalt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

That looks like a nice router, I'm looking at either the Makita or the Colt on of these days 

I got a few drawers that need a new dado in for the slides that I will try to get done soon. I was torn between those three as well. The price basically decided it for me. There was at least a $40 difference. I figured I could use that money towards any bits or other things. 

• Like 1

I got a few drawers that need a new dado in for the slides that I will try to get done soon. I was torn between those three as well. The price basically decided it for me. There was at least a $40 difference. I figured I could use that money towards any bits or other things. 

Good router bits are not cheap, paid just under 20 each for my frued (Diablo) bits.

Jimbo

33 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Good router bits are not cheap, paid just under 20 each for my frued (Diablo) bits.

Jimbo

started to look at bits the other day. ever heard anything bad about the rockler bits? 

does your colt accept 1/4" bits only like the makita?