What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

I outgrew my old DeWalt bag. I needed more room with and the ability to zip close. Just in time for the rain showers here in SoCal.

b5214bf6a40e133ccca7ff05c7aeb2c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been looking for something similar for the past couple months. I want something for hand tools my new oscillating tool and hopefully the impact and drill. And I really need something for all the loose screws and bits fastners. Stuff like that. But I don't want to have to and spend a 100 dollar's. Let me know how that does for you. Which one is that? I also was thinking about getting the backpack instead?

Sent from my LGAS995 using Tapatalk

Had a gift card burning a hole in my wallet so I stopped at HD and picked up the K3 and a new cut off wheel. I think I'll be ordering some Automaxx clamps pretty soon.

You'll like the auto max it's a great clamp

Jimbo

I've been looking for something similar for the past couple months. I want something for hand tools my new oscillating tool and hopefully the impact and drill. And I really need something for all the loose screws and bits fastners. Stuff like that. But I don't want to have to and spend a 100 dollar's. Let me know how that does for you. Which one is that? I also was thinking about getting the backpack instead?

I was looking for a tool bag with a large storage compartment in the center to store all the power tools I need. This bag is marketed as a bag to carry your cordless tools so it caught my eye at Lowe's. It even has 2 battery pockets to fit your batteries on the outside. It looks pretty durable. The main zipper in the center seems sturdy. It sales for $50 at Lowe's.

Here's what I was able to fit in the main compartment:

- DeWalt 20V Hammer Drill

- DeWalt 20V Impact Driver

- DeWalt 20V Reciprocating Saw

- DeWalt 20V  Multi-Tool

- Dewalt 20V Worklight

- 10" file

- Parts bag with some hole saws and unibits

I was able to zip it closed. The bag still has plenty of compartments on the outside. I put my drill index and bit set on the outside. There's also a zippered compartment on each side. I put some wrenches on one side and my multimeter on the other side. I have work cart that set this bag on.

The only experience I have with the backpack style is the Veto Tech Pac. I used it for about 2 weeks. It's durable very well made. Plenty of storage and organization for hand tools. It can get to be pretty heavy. I would mostly carry it from the handle at the top. Most of the hand tools I need I carry on my tool belt. I just mainly need a bag for my power tools, batteries, etc. That was my experience. Most companies have a version of the backpack style tool bag now. 

I was looking into the Veto Open Tote bags but I figured I wanted some protection from the rain. I'm hoping this tool bag last me for a while. Hope this helps. I myself went through different tool bags and setups.

AWP HP - Lithium Cordless Tool Bag

• Like 1

Do you, or anyone else, have the 6"? Use it often or should I just pick up the 3"?

Who am I kidding, I'm a tool junkie, I'll be picking up both!

Right now I have the 3" I use with the kreg r3, haven't come to a spot where I need the 6" because your not clamping the jig deep into boards, because it's at the edge a 3" is fine not saying I won't get a 6" but you could get away with a 3

Jimbo

I was looking for a tool bag with a large storage compartment in the center to store all the power tools I need. This bag is marketed as a bag to carry your cordless tools so it caught my eye at Lowe's. It even has 2 battery pockets to fit your batteries on the outside. It looks pretty durable. The main zipper in the center seems sturdy. It sales for $50 at Lowe's.

Here's what I was able to fit in the main compartment:

- DeWalt 20V Hammer Drill

- DeWalt 20V Impact Driver

- DeWalt 20V Reciprocating Saw

- DeWalt 20V Multi-Tool

- Dewalt 20V Worklight

- 10" file

- Parts bag with some hole saws and unibits

I was able to zip it closed. The bag still has plenty of compartments on the outside. I put my drill index and bit set on the outside. There's also a zippered compartment on each side. I put some wrenches on one side and my multimeter on the other side. I have work cart that set this bag on.

The only experience I have with the backpack style is the Veto Tech Pac. I used it for about 2 weeks. It's durable very well made. Plenty of storage and organization for hand tools. It can get to be pretty heavy. I would mostly carry it from the handle at the top. Most of the hand tools I need I carry on my tool belt. I just mainly need a bag for my power tools, batteries, etc. That was my experience. Most companies have a version of the backpack style tool bag now.

I was looking into the Veto Open Tote bags but I figured I wanted some protection from the rain. I'm hoping this tool bag last me for a while. Hope this helps. I myself went through different tool bags and setups.

AWP HP - Lithium Cordless Tool Bag

I'm building houses so I'm wearing a belt all the time. So I just want something to put a bunch of tools in power and hand tools in one bag. Like pry bars cat paws chisels bits and so on. So I don't have to run back an forth to the truck. Just have it all in a corner or something. I liked the comment you made about mostly carrying the bag by the handle. It would be better to have a bag with a Handel instead of having to throw a backpack up and on the shoulder. Thanks for sharing your thoughts man. [emoji106] [emoji41] [emoji375] [emoji6] [emoji373] [emoji374] [emoji378]

Had a gift card burning a hole in my wallet so I stopped at HD and picked up the K3 and a new cut off wheel. I think I'll be ordering some Automaxx clamps pretty soon.

Thats reminds me, I have a gift card as well, I forgot all about it! How did I forget about that good grief. ....

Thanks to the input of you fine people, I got my eyes on a certain set of bits and the Franklin stud finder, and maybe another power tool [emoji4]

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

A set of craftsman SAE ratcheting wrenches and a set of Gearwrench Metric ratcheting wrenches. And not a tool but 2 sheets of furniture grade birch ply, 16 feet of 4/4 poplar and an 9 foot 8/4 soft maple board. Starting my Wife's tack trunk tomorrow.

How much is that one? If you don't mind me asking?

Miller

I bought mine from Amazon for $27. The magnets are very strong. I had the $10 empire torpedo level but the magnet on it was very weak and the ends were plastic. I was curious about the stabila levels but a little pricey for me.

• Like 1

Picked up some stuff from Menards tonight to take advantage of their 15% bag sale that ends tomorrow.

- Johnson framing and carpenter squares.

- Kreg 3" Automaxx clamp.

- Kreg self tapper set.

- Bosch segmented, continuous, and turbo rim diamond blades.

+ a new belt and gloves.

• Like 1

Picked up some stuff from Menards tonight to take advantage of their 15% bag sale that ends tomorrow.

- Johnson framing and carpenter squares.

- Kreg 3" Automaxx clamp.

- Kreg self tapper set.

- Bosch segmented, continuous, and turbo rim diamond blades.

+ a new belt and gloves.

nice stuff, the kreg screw is best buying in bulk, 500 or 1000 at a time.....I usually order one size at a time and eventually I have lots of different sizes.......problem with me is I love the self tapping feature and find I use the screws on almost everything .......pocket hole or not......

Got a cheap little accessories kit to toy around with on my rotary tool, if anyone is curious, here I am exploring its contents with the M12 rotary tool. Going to have fun with this little guy.

https://youtu.be/x34WR-k6-AM

3.jpg

You may have figured it out now. But the bit with the screw on top and the red ring around it that You was talking about are for cut off disk. They make metal wheels like little saw blades for that too. Have fun. Where safty glasses. The cut off wheels slowly fall apart as you're using them.

Millerz

• Like 1