What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Geez, Imma pull some straight up Tom and Jerry s*** and reach my hand through this phone and out yours and steal that toolbox. Is it just your HD that likes to clearance stuff for 1¢?

There was also a page on penny deals at HD but I cant find it right off

http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/6956-HD-Clearance

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

"Penny deals" are a needle in a haystack. Don't think you can just walk into an HD and buy stuff for a penny. It takes LOTS of work, research, knowing stock, merchandising and schedules. It's so much work, it can't even be written up as a "How To." What works at one store, may not work at another.

• Like 2

Picked up my $10 Bosch Daredevil spade bits, which was nice but not as nice as HD giving me back $58 for my $100 Husky SilentFlow Compressor! Today was a good day at HD!

L0iD2Yg.jpg

Nice set. I almost bought that set today. I already have it but at that price it's tempting. Will power I made it out without buying anything ok so my daughter called me needed me to take her to dr or I would have bought it.

• Like 3

haha, yeah man I like them! I don't have a Fuel drill but I testing them with my M12(Speed 1) and my M18 hammer(speed 2) and compact(Speed 1) drills and they worked well through some scrap white oak I have. I tried them on my M18 impacts and they did well too. The M12 did struggle with the largest sizes, I think I recall Jimbo's M12 Fuel breezing through. I was planning on picking up the Fuel but I couldn't pass up the M12 Drill, M12 hackzall, 2 batteries, charger and large contractors bag for $70. Fuel would have costs me an extra $100 for the drill but I would gain high Ah batteries but lose the contractor bag and a freaking hackzall! I still might pick up that m12 Fuel drill, you m18 Fuel is nasty...what a beast!

I also did want the set you have but I couldn't pass up $1 a spade bit for these. My old spade bit set is a B&D made in Japan set I inherited from Dad:

X8fsTRz.jpg

• Like 3

On April 6, 2016 at 10:31 PM, Mondo1310 said:

Do you use Diablo sanding discs or belts on it?

No, just the generic disc and belt 

live the weight , very sturdy .. Just seems to be an overall winner for my use 

• Like 1

I have worked up in the air in a scissor lift with an impact wrench, just wish I had the detent for fear of dropping the socket. For working on cars, I'm glad I had friction ring, but it is based on application. For wrenching in the shop, changing out sockets frequently, fiction rings are best. In a commercial building working overhead with only 1 socket at a time, detent pin is best.

I have worked up in the air in a scissor lift with an impact wrench, just wish I had the detent for fear of dropping the socket. For working on cars, I'm glad I had friction ring, but it is based on application. For wrenching in the shop, changing out sockets frequently, fiction rings are best. In a commercial building working overhead with only 1 socket at a time, detent pin is best.

I agree with you which is why I went to the hog ring when I switched to Dewalt, I didn't need the safety of the pin.

267c2ec913b2c93e45e1ef5df9f0e43b.jpg And team red widens it's lead by one more tool. Used this light when doing an oil change at work, very impressed. The Husky strap wrench is replacing my Kobalt that I got overambitious with some 6" camlock fittings and snapped the belt on. I figured I'd give the filter pliers a shot too.
  • Like 6

267c2ec913b2c93e45e1ef5df9f0e43b.jpg And team red widens it's lead by one more tool. Used this light when doing an oil change at work, very impressed. The Husky strap wrench is replacing my Kobalt that I got overambitious with some 6" camlock fittings and snapped the belt on. I figured I'd give the filter pliers a shot too.

Is that the led light?

Not too impressed with my Milwaukee pvc/filter wrench, seems lacking in quality with the grooves.

23 hours ago, RickyMcGrath said:

Very nice! You went with the 1/2" detent drive?

Yup, only normally use a couple 1/2" sockets per job. Most of the time it is 3/8" drive, so I can pin an adapter on it and then when I pull the socket off, the adapter stays on the tool. No more swearing.

• Like 1