What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

3 hours ago, Glasseyi said:

Picked up these Dewalt self feed bits and my free meter bag from the wonderful people at veto pro pac arrived as well. We'll see how these self feed bits work with the cordless hole hawg. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I have an older set of those Dewalt self feed bits, I love them. I also have that Veto MB2 and its awesome... Nice haul man 

• Like 2

On 12/16/2015 at 2:13 PM, Shuutr said:

I wanted to get a couple batteries for my 18v Ridgid stuff (fan, radio, drills, drivers, circ saw, recipe saw) and for $50 more than I was going to spend I upgraded a couple of my collection and I got this Brushless set:

Already used the compact drill, very nice.

2b7adbc18719a689c6857349fc51493d.jpg

great set. I have same one and love it.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, kruton said:

Nothing special but I decided I need a 48" adjustable t-square. I've always just made do without one but decided I couldn't live without it any longer!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

6d6cfc33e01b8a85144600418ab7b7af.jpg

awesome I have one but not adjustable

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimboS1ice said:

Comp that's a few shades off from red!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that is what my wife said......you know me it would be red if it didn't have a warranty...lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JimboS1ice said:

Sir I assure you I did not paint it red, I came into the shop one day and it was red and said tablezall

perfect, I'm going to take it all apart, paint it up, change names put it all back in the box and do a unboxing vid...

• Like 3

22 hours ago, khariV said:

My weekend started off with a lot of crap. Literally.

The toilet on the first floor of my house was erupting like Mount Vesuvius every time we drained water upstairs - bath, dishes, toilet, didn't matter.  So, I figured I there was a clog somewhere between the house and the septic.

Out came the trusty Ridgid snake.  Well, 20m later, nothing was happening and it broke - wouldn't retract into the housing anymore.  Oh well - sounds like an excuse to get that Ryobi 18v snake I've been eyeballing for a while. Perfect!

IMG_4591.JPG

I get home from the Depot, eager to try out my new toy.  Well, the Ryobi has a 25' auger cable.  It went all the way in and did nothing at all.  So, after a few more tries, I remembered there was a beast drain auger at the depot on clearance.  I got up early and, after a quick drive down the road, this beauty came home with me for the bargain price of $250 - half off!

IMG_4590.JPG

Meet my new Ridgid K-400.  75' of 3/8", solid core goodness ready to tackle anything that I could throw at it.  Sure enough, about four hours later, this beast finally broke through what was probably 15' of clogged gunk and grease (gotta have a chat with the nanny on what is ok and what is NOT ok to flush) and the drains started working again.  Now I just have to deal with the HomeOwners insurance to get them to rebuild my bathroom, but that's another story.

Anyway, when all was said and done, not only can we flush, I've got not one but TWO new drain augers for any future clogs that show their ugly faces!

That's beautiful, I love a happy ending.. and $250 would only buy a replacement snake cable for the rig I use at work. Which is why we're constantly being reminded to NOT KINK IT! Except it happens sometimes..... LOL

20160411_171932

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

That's beautiful, I love a happy ending.. and $250 would only buy a replacement snake cable for the rig I use at work. Which is why we're constantly being reminded to NOT KINK IT! Except it happens sometimes..... LOL

20160411_171932

I can't imagine what that must be like to run that cable.  I was sore as hell from wrestling with the machine that I had for 4 hours running it in and out hunched over a hole in the floor.  I'm going to guess that doesn't go around corners so well :D

25777599343_5c9d6b8eaa_b.jpg  

That's a hell of a hair clog, someone flushing weaves down the toilet??

• Like 2

1 minute ago, khariV said:

I can't imagine what that must be like to run that cable.  I was sore as hell from wrestling with the machine that I had for 4 hours running it in and out hunched over a hole in the floor.  I'm going to guess that doesn't go around corners so well :D

3" pipe and elbows with the right tip and level of experience ha

2 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

That's a hell of a hair clog, someone flushing weaves down the toilet??

LOL Nah that's what a ball of roots look like

3 minutes ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

Haven't I heard something about a high pressure jet system that pro's use to unclog a drain? Something about blasting with high pressured hot water or the use of some kind of declogging agent? Not sure which ones works better. But even though I don't have a full clog, I know my toilet line isn't doing so hot, I'd like it if somehow I can bleeping clear it out.

A few times I have sent boiling hot water down the light in hopes of breaking up any turd clogs going on, I haven't been that successful.

The jetter system is much more expensive for the customer and a much more involved system, hence the popular use of the auger. 

Be careful with hot water, you can melt the wax ring under the toilet that seals it

• Like 1

Regarding Dewalt black oxide bits for 59

WTF, they want 59 bucks for just a bit set with a black oxide finish, no titanium, no speed tip? Hmm, if I was buying non titanium drill bits, I wouldn't pay more then 20 to 30 dollars for a set. Just saying. You want some quality bits, you gotta buy what Jimbo and I got, industrial titanium, with black oxide finish and turbo max quick speed tips.

Not sure about the turbo max I bought but the cobalt I got are actually HSS.