What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

4 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

He got it from sears, I was looking at an amazon warehouse deal but the price still needs to fall, only about 10 bucks off of amazons price right now.

I'm surprised you guys haven't started using the SYW stuff, it's been giving me about $30 for free every few weeks! It's a bit of a hassle but can easily be done while reading through the forum or watching tv. I think I can sell you guys on it if I group all my "purchases" together with the out of pocket cost.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PROTOOLNUT said:

I guess if you have a lot of batteries, more then 2, this would come in handy wouldn't it? It looks like a nice charger, I hope that is serves you well!

I wanted a rapid charger and found this on CL for $50 and the regular one at HD was $80 so it was a no brainier. I have 4 of each line. 

• Like 2

I'm surprised you guys haven't started using the SYW stuff, it's been giving me about $30 for free every few weeks! It's a bit of a hassle but can easily be done while reading through the forum or watching tv. I think I can sell you guys on it if I group all my "purchases" together with the out of pocket cost.

I've been watching the emails more lately

1 minute ago, kruton said:

I just entered a new battery platform. Pictures when it arrives.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

don't tell me you pulled the trigger on the Kawasaki power tool kit....lol

Kawasaki_4pc_18V_set.gif?1423704172

• Like 4

9 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

I've been watching the emails more lately

It's all in the Winit app and paying attention to slickdeals syw thread for "doorbusters" and other free money. You can do the daily "instant win" contests but those aren't paying out a lot right now so I don't bother unless someone mentions they're paying out.

On the WinIt app, they added ads to the newest update. So what you do is turn your phone to vibrate, click spin and just set the phone down while you read through a thread or two(on a different device), by then the ad has played hit the "X" in the top right and you move on to the next one and repeat. The app is good for about $14-$24 every two weeks right now...if you select the right products. You get 10 products to pick, pick one from $1-$100, another $101 - $200, another $201 - $300, etc... Each $100 threshold is a new category and you have a max number of wins per category and they reset at random periods.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BMack37 said:

It's all in the Winit app and paying attention to slickdeals syw thread for "doorbusters" and other free money. You can do the daily "instant win" contests but those aren't paying out a lot right now so I don't bother unless someone mentions they're paying out.

On the WinIt app, they added ads to the newest update. So what you do is turn your phone to vibrate, click spin and just set the phone down while you read through a thread or two(on a different device), by then the ad has played hit the "X" in the top right and you move on to the next one and repeat. The app is good for about $14-$24 every two weeks right now...if you select the right products. You get 10 products to pick, pick one from $1-$100, another $101 - $200, another $201 - $300, etc... Each $100 threshold is a new category and you have a max number of wins per category and they reset at random periods.

Thanks Bmack I'm gonna check this out brotha! ? my wifey used to use the app viggle I believe it was and man she used to get me anywhere between 10-80 bucks off tools and huge discounts on the kids clothes but like all good things it came to an end a few monthes ago :( 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bigmikez said:

Thanks Bmack I'm gonna check this out brotha! ? my wifey used to use the app viggle I believe it was and man she used to get me anywhere between 10-80 bucks off tools and huge discounts on the kids clothes but like all good things it came to an end a few monthes ago :( 

No problem man, I can do a bit of a write up with some links for you guys for the deal section. It really is pretty cool, $28 of points plus a $10 off $20 coupon is pretty damn nice ever couple of weeks. This is why I have three sets of Wera screwdrivers, a Wera bit holder, a bunch of Knipex stuff, next is upgrading my Kreg stuff. Started today with a $2.50 clamp, I would have bought the Kreg kit but I wanted some extra test leads for my shop toolbox. I've also bought a Gearwrench ratchet, Gearwrench combination wrench set and the Gearwrench nut drivers, plus some USA Craftsman stuff. I'm literally getting this stuff for 80% to 100% off.

No problem man, I can do a bit of a write up with some links for you guys for the deal section. It really is pretty cool, $28 of points plus a $10 off $20 coupon is pretty damn nice ever couple of weeks. This is why I have three sets of Wera screwdrivers, a Wera bit holder, a bunch of Knipex stuff, next is upgrading my Kreg stuff. Started today with a $2.50 clamp, I would have bought the Kreg kit but I wanted some extra test leads for my shop toolbox. I've also bought a Gearwrench ratchet, Gearwrench combination wrench set and the Gearwrench nut drivers, plus some USA Craftsman stuff. I'm literally getting this stuff for 80% to 100% off.

Yes I would like a write up because obviously I'm missing something lol

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Yes I would like a write up because obviously I'm missing something lol

I'll try to do one about everything I do with SYW but right now the winit app that I already wrote up about is where it's at. Those points will expire two weeks after the win, I just deplete my entire earned points the day they are expiring, unless I have a $10 off $20 coupon expiring...most of the time those just come back in once they expire but occasionally at just the wrong time, they don't resend the coupon.

BTW, SYW's site and apps are made by complete morons so if it's not working just try again later. Their website goes down more than any other site I have ever gone to...even considering internet browsing back in the late 90s.

I'll try to do one about everything I do with SYW but right now the winit app that I already wrote up about is where it's at. Those points will expire two weeks after the win, I just deplete my entire earned points the day they are expiring, unless I have a $10 off $20 coupon expiring...most of the time those just come back in once they expire but occasionally at just the wrong time, they don't resend the coupon.

BTW, SYW's site and apps are made by complete morons so if it's not working just try again later. Their website goes down more than any other site I have ever gone to...even considering internet browsing back in the late 90s.

Okay thanks I'll have to look into it

• Like 1

seeings I have 3 different length tool "n" guide rails courtesy of Regopit 24" 36" and a 50" I figured I get a slide to make a cheap man's track saw  for my M18 Fuel circular saw

20160428_132727.jpg

20160428_134221.jpg

• Like 6

This little fella is on its way. Looking forward to trying it out.

Wow nice, not everyday you see one of those, I would love to hear your experience with it after you've used it awhile

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow nice, not everyday you see one of those, I would love to hear your experience with it after you've used it awhile

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I was looking to get a second 18v impact and was thinking about getting the Bosch IDH182. I have been eyeballing some Metabo so I thought I might as well try it out.

• Like 1