What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

On April 28, 2016 at 3:54 PM, comp56 said:

seeings I have 3 different length tool "n" guide rails courtesy of Regopit 24" 36" and a 50" I figured I get a slide to make a cheap man's track saw  for my M18 Fuel circular saw

20160428_132727.jpg

20160428_134221.jpg

Comp, 

let me know how you like this, please .

thinking I might pick it up for my 20v DeWALT .....

anything to help straighten the lines up ....I need all the help I can get 

• Like 1

54738fb819f6424a2eb4e116fc2b37c8.jpg

Picked up a few items at Local ACE this morning with a free bucket and 20% off for a grand reopening.

Nice pickup man. Our local Ace went out of business. Pretty disappointing really, I liked that store.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Foneguy said:

Comp, 

let me know how you like this, please .

thinking I might pick it up for my 20v DeWALT .....

anything to help straighten the lines up ....I need all the help I can get 

I have one and like it quite a bit for use with my fuel 7 1/4 circ. I think you need to take a little time to set it up and make sure it's square but it's also highly dependent on the specific saw's layout as to how well it clamps on. The Milwaukee fuel saw has a nice strip of engraved ruler marks along the front edge of its base plate which makes it easy to get the points of the securing screws to stay put. Other saws might have a tougher time getting things secure. All in all I find it super useful and it's been nothing but great for giving me a nice straight cut when I've used it; particularly when I had to cut the top off of a brand new cabinet to custom fit a gas range top:

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

• Like 10

Nice pickup man. Our local Ace went out of business. Pretty disappointing really, I liked that store.

It doesn't seem like there are too many ACE Hardwares around anymore. Just happens to be a couple around here in small communities.

• Like 1

Just a few ... I forgot I needed that items ...

image.jpeg

I'm going to guess those Irwin pipe clamps are nicer than the Pony brand I have a few of.... come to think of it I have a few pair of Rockler ones I really like

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The Metabo impact driver showed up today. No chance to test it out yet but first impression is pretty good. All of the fit and finish is quality as to be expected. The thing just runs so smooth its hard to describe. It's light and well balanced. Here are a couple pics. Ive got some comparison shots with my Bosch 25618 Impactor. They both have on the 2.0ah batteries for comparison.

7d72ff8c1990554f40767572f1357d9c.jpg69da8fef37922518a77754aa095638e2.jpg331be27ba6e50a091de8d7d5f0c78287.jpgf53df8f80138d3706f684a5af77d6c67.jpg I'll post more when I get to use it and try to make an action video.

• Like 6