What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Get ready to buy a lot more M12 tools now! They're addicting!

So true man! I think I'll get a nice family photo with all my m12 items, it'll have to be in panoramic!

Nice to hear you got your drain cleared, plus getting a new tool out of that, im all for that! I have the same disposer you got, but if your drains are crap, or going uphill (like mine was bc its older house, and nobody cared) or take sharp bends on the horizontal, you're in for trouble. So here's to hoping your drains flow free and the crapper stays clear!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I had to bite on this for $99. The only thing I don't like is that they don't have a bit holder accessory for the m12 so I had to make my own. My first m12 tools to go with the M18s:

X55FrHx.jpg

Would like to know how you made the bit holder, I have the same drill (and hackzall)

Steal of a deal, btw

• Like 1

I know I'm about to open a floodgate, I've been browsing m12 tools since I got home, haha.

Would like to know how you made the bit holder, I have the same drill (and hackzall)
Steal of a deal, btw

I just took a bit holder from the m18 accessory and popped it out. Drilled it, filed it to get rid of the burrs. Then screwed it onto the side, simple but effective.

O9Zlxvr.jpg

RmYlZ0N.jpg

4HylKzN.jpg

As an alternative, I was thinking of using one of those soft rubber bit holders and screwing that to the side.

• Like 1

So true man! I think I'll get a nice family photo with all my m12 items, it'll have to be in panoramic!

Nice to hear you got your drain cleared, plus getting a new tool out of that, im all for that! I have the same disposer you got, but if your drains are crap, or going uphill (like mine was bc its older house, and nobody cared) or take sharp bends on the horizontal, you're in for trouble. So here's to hoping your drains flow free and the crapper stays clear!

I really should update my family photo as well. I've gotten a lot more red since I last took a pic.

My drains seem to be well pitched with no sharp turns so hopefully I won't have any problems!

• Like 2

What was causing the trouble? How did you get it unstoped?

Millerz

Just a food/grease buildup. Before going to rent a larger snake, I messed around with the little ridgid I picked up and finally broke it loose after about 15 minutes of working it. I was just about to give up when it finally pushed through.

• Like 1

Just a food/grease buildup. Before going to rent a larger snake, I messed around with the little ridgid I picked up and finally broke it loose after about 15 minutes of working it. I was just about to give up when it finally pushed through.

Glad you stuck with it and got the job done your self. I'd say it took longer because you have 2in pipe. And that ridged tool didn't recommend that diameter. Maybe? Just guessing.

Millerz

40 dollars isn't bad. I think I'll get one. Our sink has been real slow to drain. Maybe get it before ours gets any worse.

Millerz

Definitely, sooner better than later. If you have in mind to put Drano or the like down the drain, it almost always clears a portion of the pipe, but sending the loose debris down further, but in large section/chunks, and will cause a worse blockage. This is why we usually don't see that type of stuff work as the homeowner inteded. If you run a snake through, it will break the blockage up real nice, in smaller pieces, or a slurry, and will clear/flush out easier.