What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Got new M18 impact driver, hammer drill, and circ saw. All going back to CPO Monday. One key is a joke. Can't find nearby tools. Located the driver, briefly, then it was lost again. Never did get it to locate the drill. Too much money for not-ready-for-primetime tech.

Disappointing. Might try Making.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kruton said:

I've got the Makita brushless circ saw and love it man. You are gonna love that saw man.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I have used it non stop today. It may be the smoothest feeling circular saw I have ever used

• Like 4

3 hours ago, wildroamer said:

Got new M18 impact driver, hammer drill, and circ saw. All going back to CPO Monday. One key is a joke. Can't find nearby tools. Located the driver, briefly, then it was lost again. Never did get it to locate the drill. Too much money for not-ready-for-primetime tech.

yea man ...I have heard this from so many people recently as well as my friend who is a Milwaukee rep! its a shame.  Give it 6-8 months and then i am sure will be a black and white difference. Gen 2 is still the best out there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wildroamer said:

Sorry to hear that Todd. I hope you can get something that fits the bill!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, olletsocmit said:

Got another Fuel drill/driver combo and these wiring clips. I usually use the wire nuts but have seen these in a lot of pics online. Was gonna use them to wire my 2 gang outlet boxes. Anyone like or not like em?

6cbc1e2eee0ce5ed0e51602ffdfa0a0a.jpg

1ac3bffc8bb20c9899d80b1b0484a077.jpg

They're nice for romex, not worth the trouble on stranded wire.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, olletsocmit said:

Great to hear! Using them for these boxes which was the only thing I went to HD for but ended up picking up that 2nd Fuel set instead of $6 in boxes haha

a5c3cdbd7ef2715b01ef672c398563a3.jpg

Sounds a lot like my trips to HD lol. Those are real time savers and a lot of light fixtures come with them already on the pigtail.

• Like 1

Well hell there!

IMG_20160515_142234885_zpsftjty8bw.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Don't see much of Delta but this is similar to the one I grew up with, along with Delta bandsaw, drill press, and thickness planer

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

How much for the 2 batteries? 

$130 at HD. I went to 4 stores and nobody could find them but all stores I went to had like over 40 in stock. 

I finally found a guy who knew where they were. 

They also sell one 3 amp battery for 100. 

You may as well spend an extra 30 dollars to get the battery.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, olletsocmit said:

Got another Fuel drill/driver combo and these wiring clips. I usually use the wire nuts but have seen these in a lot of pics online. Was gonna use them to wire my 2 gang outlet boxes. Anyone like or not like em?

6cbc1e2eee0ce5ed0e51602ffdfa0a0a.jpg

1ac3bffc8bb20c9899d80b1b0484a077.jpg

Those clips arent bad,there are some out there by a company called Wago. I like the Wago lever style ones.

Ideal makes decent stuff.

We use push style connectors all the time in machine assemblies. They work well. I can highly recommend the Wago brand,they have a push style connector for nearly every type of wiring job.

www.wago.us

• Like 2

$130 at HD. I went to 4 stores and nobody could find them but all stores I went to had like over 40 in stock. 

I finally found a guy who knew where they were. 

They also sell one 3 amp battery for 100. 

You may as well spend an extra 30 dollars to get the battery.

I know those were 90 at my store recently but went back up for some reason. I think some online retailers are running a special for 2 bare tools and get a free 4amp hour battery and charger.

I was thinking of getting the little blower and vacuum making it the best deal.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fazzman said:

Those clips arent bad,there are some out there by a company called Wago. I like the Wago lever style ones.

Ideal makes decent stuff.

We use push style connectors all the time in machine assembies. They work well. I can highly recommend the Wago brand,they have a pish style connector for nearly every type of wiring job.

www.wago.us

Those push In connectors shown are great for romex solid wire but  I love the wago lever ones, the new compact 5 wire ones are awesome especially in a quad box stuffed full of dimmers which use stranded wire as they work great on solid or stranded and take up as much space as a single wire nut.

• Like 2