What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Those clips arent bad,there are some out there by a company called Wago. I like the Wago lever style ones.

Ideal makes decent stuff.

We use push style connectors all the time in machine assembies. They work well. I can highly recommend the Wago brand,they have a pish style connector for nearly every type of wiring job.

www.wago.us

I just ordered a 50 pack of them

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MikeyB said:

Just ordered a 25 pack of the 5 terminal see through connectors as well, these lever lock connectors are great 

For those who don't know what we're talking about:

image.jpeg

The wago lever connectors are really great little devices. These new ones are clear and more compact so you can get a positive visual inspection to confirm they are properly seated. They work with stranded or solid wire equally well, they are fast to use, compact and even more awesome in installations where it will be temporary or troubleshooting because the lever system means you can undo them easily. I really love them. In the photo you can see the comparison with some common red and yellow wirenuts as well as the yellow 4-way push in connectors which I also like but aren't quite as good or versatile as the lever ones...

• Like 5

Nice stuff rich and Chris! Love to hear both of your thought on these. Jimbo dos a video on the Ridgid oil impact I'd love to see how Makita runs in comparison!

Will do. I know pro tool reviews did a comparison within the last two months basically said they really aren't in the same class. The makita is more of a all day screw setter and not a powerhouse comparatively, from what I remember.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I got this for my sister and her fiance for their new house. I'll be taking care of it for them and was not bring my mower back and forth. So far so good, put oil and gas in and it started on the first pull. Will let you know how it is long term. Now I have to get a weed wacker. It really sucks when you have to buy new tools. :D

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Toro-Recycler-22-in-Low-Wheel-Variable-Speed-Front-Wheel-Drive-Self-Propelled-Gas-Lawn-Mower-with-Kohler-Engine-20370/203068801

• Like 3

I got this for my sister and her fiance for their new house. I'll be taking care of it for them and was not bring my mower back and forth. So far so good, put oil and gas in and it started on the first pull. Will let you know how it is long term. Now I have to get a weed wacker. It really sucks when you have to buy new tools. [emoji3]

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Toro-Recycler-22-in-Low-Wheel-Variable-Speed-Front-Wheel-Drive-Self-Propelled-Gas-Lawn-Mower-with-Kohler-Engine-20370/203068801

What brand of weed whacker are you getting?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well bad news. I just tried the impact out before coming to work and it doesn't work. It turns on when the trigger is pushed but it doesn't spin. Guess it is going back. Ugh

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Gamble you take sometimes it pays other times it doesn't

1 hour ago, DaveJr. said:

I got this for my sister and her fiance for their new house. I'll be taking care of it for them and was not bring my mower back and forth. So far so good, put oil and gas in and it started on the first pull. Will let you know how it is long term. Now I have to get a weed wacker. It really sucks when you have to buy new tools. :D

It's more of a bittersweet moment really!

And yes, @Kato definitely counts as a tool in my book

5 minutes ago, Jspeed said:

Just got delivered. This thing is a monster. The pictures make it look small in person it's huge. This will make my job a lot easier now. 

I have zero use for something like that but for some strange reason I kinda still want one ?

• Like 2

Well, as I said, I've decided to ignore the One key aspect of my new M18 set. So, today I took the impact wrench to my Jeep that I am parting out. I have been trying to get these two T-27 bolts loose on the fenders and have had no luck. Used Kroil a few different times, have used a long extension on a ratchet, as well as my awesome Wiha T-handle...Nothing...Until today!

Took the M18 Fuel driver to it, started on mode 1, the slowest setting. "Bap-bap-bap-bap" and nothing. I figure, "Yep, these suckers might as well be welded on." Crank it up to 4, and Bingo! Spun those puppies off like nobody's business! I am now firmly back in the Milwaukee corner!

My only dilemma now, is I can't get this driver into some of the smaller spots, like to remove the doors for example. I am now lusting over the M18 right angle driver, but am curious if you all think there will likely be a brushless Fuel version along anytime soon?

Thanks for your pep talks and support gang, I'm back in my happy place, lol!

• Like 1

Well, as I said, I've decided to ignore the One key aspect of my new M18 set. So, today I took the impact wrench to my Jeep that I am parting out. I have been trying to get these two T-27 bolts loose on the fenders and have had no luck. Used Kroil a few different times, have used a long extension on a ratchet, as well as my awesome Wiha T-handle...Nothing...Until today!

Took the M18 Fuel driver to it, started on mode 1, the slowest setting. "Bap-bap-bap-bap" and nothing. I figure, "Yep, these suckers might as well be welded on." Crank it up to 4, and Bingo! Spun those puppies off like nobody's business! I am now firmly back in the Milwaukee corner!

My only dilemma now, is I can't get this driver into some of the smaller spots, like to remove the doors for example. I am now lusting over the M18 right angle driver, but am curious if you all think there will likely be a brushless Fuel version along anytime soon?

Thanks for your pep talks and support gang, I'm back in my happy place, lol!

It's possible, I beleive the right angle with the hex connection isn't made any more, maybe because of the m12 variant but it's definitely on my list.

• Like 1

Just got delivered. This thing is a monster. The pictures make it look small in person it's huge. This will make my job a lot easier now. 

image.png

Sweet! I would have use for that about twice a month, which translates to not in my lifetime

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk