What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

4 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

That is a sweet hammer John! Did it come with the Bluetooth battery and do you have the link for it if it's a store?

Thanks Chris, no I got the battery on a deal when I bought the dual charger at Lowe's. I should have bought all 4 and sold the other 3. Was only $109, for the charger and battery. The battery alone is $150. http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEWALT-DCD996B-20V-MAX-XR-Lithium-Ion-1-2-Brushless-3-Speed-Hammer-Drill-/291764355470?hash=item43ee82c18e:g:rfYAAOSwSgJXN-0M

http://www.lowes.com/pd_748991-70-DCB102BPBT___?productId=50450140&pl=1&Ntt=dewalt+charger

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kruton said:

Was walking through the HD tool section today and saw they finally had these. I'm normally a Ridgid guy wanted to give this a shot. 

How does it compare to the Ridgid? it can't possibly be as stout

2 hours ago, SevenOddosFence said:

Picked up the Ridgid 1/2" Impact Kit online $125.10 after Lowes 10% Off.....Dewalt 1" Crown Stapler $204 after Lowes 10% and Grabbed Two Dewalt Adjustable wrenches clearanced down to $4 ea couple Dewalt Needle nose pliers clearenced down to $4 2 Dewal;t Screw drivers clearenced down to $5

Nice haul! I have their Credit card and can get 5% off everything, how do you get 10% off?

52 minutes ago, Glasseyi said:

Got this guy in the mail today, and thanks to our buddy Jimbo! and his never ending search for deals. This one was curtesy of eBay. Dewalts new DCD-996 20v premium hammer drill. ?

Very nice!! This living up to your expectation so far??

• Like 1

Just got delivered. This thing is a monster. The pictures make it look small in person it's huge. This will make my job a lot easier now. 

image.png

Man I would to have that. It has been on my list of m18 tools to get when I hit the lottery lol. Or I can pick one up in a tool giveaway on TIA lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Thanks dude. It's a little 8" 30-100 but this is exactly what I was looking for and Amazon had it like new for 118!

Let us know how you like. I've been eyeing what I assume us the same one for $130 at the local store. It's a belt drive right?

How does it compare to the Ridgid? it can't possibly be as stout

I only used it in the bathroom on a pipe messing around a bit tonight. Seems to be a pretty solid wrench though. Not sure if it will be as stout as the Ridgids yet. The teeth on the bottom jaw are a little deeper on the Ridgids which I like. I feel like I can put the pipe deeper in the jaws and get a better bite. I'll get a better feel when I get a pipe I can really torque on.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, kruton said:

I only used it in the bathroom on a pipe messing around a bit tonight. Seems to be a pretty solid wrench though. Not sure if it will be as stout as the Ridgids yet. The teeth on the bottom jaw are a little deeper on the Ridgids which I like. I feel like I can put the pipe deeper in the jaws and get a better bite. I'll get a better feel when I get a pipe I can really torque on.

That't my same observation about the cheater wrench, i'm guessing they used the same head design on both types of wrenches

That't my same observation about the cheater wrench, i'm guessing they used the same head design on both types of wrenches

Did you end up getting the cheater wrench?

Did you end up getting the cheater wrench?

Yes. It's been here a ways. ..

http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/8283-What-tools-did-you-buy-today?#entry127044

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Glasseyi said:

Ah John, your killing me dude! You know AC is not that far from Philly, I could get there in less then an hour! Nice haul man. Keep that RED coming. emoji4.png

Thanks man. Yea I'm loving the Milwaukee line up right now but Dewalt just came out with a nice hammerdrill. I'm sticking to the red tho for a while. They haven't let me down yet 

6 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Let us know how you like. I've been eyeing what I assume us the same one for $130 at the local store. It's a belt drive right?

I'm guessing so, I have seen this at Woodcraft for that price too. Nothing too fancy but I am really impressed with my Rikons thus far. Yup, a belt drive system on this one. Believe it or not I was going to get the Ryobi or the Skil, they have excellent ratings but with the five year warranty and the great results I have gotten with my Midi lathe and 14" bandsaw this ended up being the right direction for me to go with.

• Like 3

Well.....yeah! He wants a reliable tool that's got power! And no warranty problems!!!!!! [emoji6]

He should check out www.milwaukeetool.com, they have what he needs!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

10 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

How do you like it? It seemed disappointingly short when I saw it at the store.

How do you like it? It seemed disappointingly short when I saw it at the store.

Overall its fine. I really like the feel of the handles, they are basically round 3/4" pipe size (but a heavier/thicker pipe than black iron) The thing that I didn't like was the seemingly poor cast quality and smaller head like I'm used to on my Ridgid wrenches. It's three sizes in one, the longest being 24"

Now I'm wondering if my link worked at all for you guys, I copied the original post instead, not sure how to link a single post because it showed up as the beginning of this thread, that's no help. ..

25849487123_2d380c7d5c_b.jpg

26359983532_ffc1393195_b.jpg

Cheater wrench. First impression is not quality as I expected but I am used to Ridgid. Teeth are not sharp, adjusting nut sloppy...hmm may not be worth it, bit disappointed. I'm not dismissing the idea of returning them.

• Like 4

I just went to Home Depot to check and see if they had any Milwaukee Clarence tools and I came across this. Seems like a decent price. The next one above this is the Toro for $200. I guess I'll try and decide, just seems a little too cheap to be true just like a drill

f38fabd76ac23794a58dddae6b450835.jpg

35d34f655a5cf46c1ee61cf73e2c1189.jpg

243eee9daf7d6a8219563b6c462b4bd3.jpg

• Like 3