Makita Power Tools

Guest LonnySheard

Guest LonnySheard

The Makita brand have been around for over a century. From small beginnings in a repair shop in Japan they are now a leading manufacturer known around the globe for producing quality, reliable equipment. There are a large range of Makita Power Tools on offer, from cordless drills to demolition hammers, mitre saws to outdoor power equipment. Here you will find the details of some of the popular tools on offer and I'll tell you where to find the best prices.

Ya know, I just realized we all commented on a post that in all likelyhood was made by some dude or dudette with a name that contains at least 3 X's in some far off Chinese province getting paid 25¢ a day by some chino marketing firm that apparently holds contracts with Makita and an undetermined drill press manufacturer to paste things that vaguely resemble advertisements on tool forums using a dial up Internet connection and a dictionary printed during the Truman administration with missing pages. I have to admit that their getting better though as they've finally discovered adjectives. Whatever gets the forum going is a good thing I guess.

Slightly changing the subject but keeping with the advertising theme.

I have a great way to fight back against junk mail, the next time you want to give them pay back for filling your post box with crap, play a little game of mix and send back.

This is how it works.Many of them send you a free post return envelope, so what you do is take the crap from one advert put it in the envelope from a different company and post it off, e.g a fast food delivery mail shot, gets sent to a mail order fitness machine company, and so on.

The best bit is these losers get to pay the postage, and you get to dispose of they're junk for free. :D

Just make sure you remove anything with your name or address on it. LOL

• Like 1

This is how it works.Many of them send you a free post return envelope, so what you do is take the crap from one advert put it in the envelope from a different company and post it off, e.g a fast food delivery mail shot, gets sent to a mail order fitness machine company, and so on.

The best bit is these losers get to pay the postage, and you get to dispose of they're junk for free.

Here in the US, If the post is marked "postage will be paid by addressee" what you do is tape that card to something nice and heavy like a brick or a box of rocks...

• 4 weeks later...

Keeping on the topics of Makita and also returning junk ( bare with me lol) The lads on site had a mass get together of faulty Makita batteries e.t.c and O.M.G there was a very big pile of stuff going back to them.

It seems the guys are all getting sick of faulty Makita battery products.

Keeping on the topics of Makita and also returning junk ( bare with me lol) The lads on site had a mass get together of faulty Makita batteries e.t.c and O.M.G there was a very big pile of stuff going back to them.

It seems the guys are all getting sick of faulty Makita battery products.

The one thing I noticed, is that Makitas batteries seem to shut themselves off. I had a pair of batteries that I really babied, using them mostly in my radio and as occasional back up batteries for my other tools and at about the three year mark they set off an error in the charger and could never be charged again, this happened to the other battery in the pair less than a month later. Both batteries seemed to be working well beforehand, showing no obvious signs of failure like any real reduction of run time or overheating.

My Milwaukee batteries on the other hand show a really noticeable shortening of run time before they will no longer accept a charge, either that or they go up in smoke on the tool.

I really can't complain that much as I'm getting 2-3 times the life I was getting from my NiCads with out the self discharge of the NiMH batteries. Even though the NiMH seem to last longer, I still prefer Lith-Ion.