Dewalt New Tool Rumor

Marcv76

So I heard from someone who seems like a reliable source that Dewalt is planning to release a cordless 12" sliding and non sliding miter saw next summer. Apparently the saws will use a new battery that is a little bigger than the current 20v batteries but will supply 60 volts  x 2 batteries for a total of 120 volts. They also said the 60v batteries will work in the other 20v tools because they are dual voltage and the tools prongs engaged will tell it how many volts to release. So take this information for what its worth. I hope this is really true because this will be awesome. If this is true I can see the cordless table saws hitting the market in the near future. 

Hmmmm.... Interesting. So rather than using the already existing 20 or 40v platform, DeWalt will introduce a new 60v platform?

Additionally, a battery with 3 times the voltage only being slightly larger than a current 20v battery?

Sorry, but I don't see it.

I don't see the need for 120v with a 12" miter saw. DeWalt already offered plenty of power in the 20v and 40v platforms and with a brushless motor, they would be more than sufficient

So is it a 20v battery? Hard to say they would make a specific battery for the miters, I could see them using a 40v pack but introducing a whole new battery line just for a couple tools? Doesn't seem very economical...

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hmmm. Interesting. As I read it, it's not a completely new line, just a bigger battery with increased power that is backwards compatible with the 20v line, but pointed at high drain tools?!

That would be pretty nifty actually and with the 36v being discontinued (been said here a while ago) this could be it's replacement...

• Like 1

Yeah who knows. Like I said I can't verify anything just what I was told. I've actually heard the 60v x 2 battery idea a couple times from different sources. Maybe it's their plan to build the power supply to bring cordless to the other bench top tools. Can you imagine a cordless table saw and planer. Who knows maybe they were yanking my chain. I guess we will find out in the next year.

Hmmm. Interesting. As I read it, it's not a completely new line, just a bigger battery with increased power that is backwards compatible with the 20v line, but pointed at high drain tools?!

That would be pretty nifty actually and with the 36v being discontinued (been said here a while ago) this could be it's replacement...

Sorry I see it now read it wrong that it wasn't compatible, so is it just maybe dewalts answer to the 9.0 m18 pack or a combo of that and makitas 2x18?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk