Any info good or bad on the Ryobi table saw? 10in

Millerzconstruction

I've owned one of the original blue ones for about 11 years. The housing is made of plastic and for the most part it gets the job done. But I wouldn't count on it for any precision work. It can get bogged down if you push it too hard. Not sure if they changed anything with the newer ones.

• Like 1

I know it blows pretty away pretty much anyones budget but the Dewalt Table saw its probably the nicest out out all of them that rack and pinion fence is genius as all hell. $524 is a huge chunk of change that's why I didn't suggest it. http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-15-Amp-10-in-Jobsite-Table-Saw-with-Rolling-Stand-DWE7491RS/204512007

• Like 1

I would consider what your intentions would be versus the amount of money that your willing to spend. For myself, I only use mine a couple of times a year. I know the limitations of the saw and I've learned how to use it accordingly.

I used mine today to rip down some boards for my sunroom project.

Would I like to drop $400-$500 on a Dewalt? Absolutely, but I can't justify it when more than likely it will be sitting in the garage idle.

• Like 1

Dewalt is a nice one too. I have two Makita table saws now. One is the contractor one that you pull the handles toward you and it raises up and down on gas shocks. And the other is just solid legs. That one is around 10 or 12 years old. And had to put a new motor on it 2 or 3 years ago. The big one is around 8 years and have only had to put bushings in it.

Another option to consider is a track saw. The Festool TS55 REQ is the way to go with track saws and it is pricey but it does a great job breaking down sheet goods. It all depends on what you doing. You need a table saw for dado work and other things. Sorry if I'm adding more options than solving things. Like other people you have to consider how much use to cost of ownership which is a concern.

• Like 1

I had a ryobi table saw about 4 years ago. It worked for some stuff but I wouldn't do anything critical on it. My biggest complaint was the fence an the lack of power. I moved up to a Bosch several months after I got the ryobi. It was well worth the extra money. If I remember correctly the Bosch was like 675 an the ryobi was like 200. so it's hard to compare the two.

That was 4 years ago so things probably changed in one way or another.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have used the Ryobi, Ridgid, Hitachi and the Dewalt contractor and portable table saw. The Ryobi fence is not precise, having to measure both ends of the blade to the fence for every cut. The fence on the Dewalt seems to the smoothest and most accurate, they have accurate table saws and miter saws.

• Like 1

Whereas you asked about the Ryobi I answered. It in all fairness, I have the Dewalt DW745 and love that little saw. Plenty of power and a superb fence. I will get the Sawstop when I move my shop to the light but my basement just doesn't have the room. I paid about 240 for my DW as its the special addition they put out for the holidays and its truthfully a fantastic machine. Dollar for dollar. I think it's the best saw, hands down over the small contractor saws. It doesn't come with a stand but I built a roll away cart and it works wonderfully.

• Like 1

Thanks. I think that I am going to get that one. I messed with the display at lowes and liked the way it functions.

Sent from my LGAS995 using Tapatalk