How can 12 volts be enough?

PutnamEco

I've began to question Makita a bit myself lately. An electrician acquaintance of mine can't stop talking about how shitty their drills have become. I wrote it off as him just being over critical until I saw eric practically melt one on a video. Then I read a comparison test where the Makita brushless is putting out about half the specs as the rest of the pack. Maybe they just aren't what the used to be.

I just think when they do research, they give tools away and folks just tell them what they want to hear to get free gear.

It's brave to do an honest review on a tool like the guys do.

I don't have the finances to buy every tool that comes down the pipe, so I can just be honest about what I buy, and thanks to Eric and Dan over there in the U.S, and Toolstop over here, some of the articles I write get to a larger audience than on my own. :D

I've began to question Makita a bit myself lately. An electrician acquaintance of mine can't stop talking about how shitty their drills have become. I wrote it off as him just being over critical until I saw eric practically melt one on a video. Then I read a comparison test where the Makita brushless is putting out about half the specs as the rest of the pack. Maybe they just aren't what the used to be.

My first clues were the BJR182Z reciprocating saw and the BHR241Z roto-hammer, they just haven't been right since they launched the LXT line while they work OK, the recip saw will make your hands numb from vibration, and the roto-hammer just doesn't feel like a quality tool. I haven't been willing to purchase any new Makitas since, Maybe the transition to Chinese manufacture has not been good for them. Hope they get back on track.

I've got a Makita LS1225 Compound Miter and I've been real happy with it. The factory blade was a 60 tooth so I went and got an 80 tooth Avanti Pro. I went to HD to get a Diablo but they had an Avanti bonus pack that was buy 1 get 1 free so I jumped all over it. Maybe they're just having a Toyota moment. They were top quality cars until the news became littered with Camry's speeding 100 mph down the road on their own accord. The quality control guy at Makita will probably feed himself to a sea monster for the shame he's brought to his family after seeing Eric's video of the melting Makita drill.

• Like 1

Only Makita make D.A.B radio though.

Which radio is it that works for digital broadcasts? Our Makitas over here certainly don't do that. I have yet to see a work radio that does. The closest we get is Boschs radio with a dock for subscription satellite radio (Sirius).

Makita made a a D.A.B digital radio it is available over here.Bloomin heck not something else that is only one side of the pond!!!?????

BMR101 is the DAB radio.

People in the US are often like the Luddites, digital radio is not big over here, and is hard to find any radios that will receive it, even though the broadcasters have adopted it. Most people in my neck of the woods seem to think it is just another way for the corporations to suck even more money from the people. We just switched to digital television and there are still many older people bitter about it.

They've had commercials on satellite radio since it came out, they were just really clever about it. They placed them in the talk shows by having the hosts strike up a big conversation about the product. Like Paul Harvey minus the trust factor. The music channels are 100% commercial free but the other stations like news and talk have at least 8 commercials per hour.