I put some siding on that had blown off. And found some great craftsmanship.

Millerzconstruction

Yea no osb or ply wood. I would say that I will find a lot more. The couple wants me to build a 24×16 ft deck on the back. With 16×16 covered and screened in. And yes that is why the siding blew off. I put a bunch of screws in the pieces I put back. Maybe they will hold? It was all I could think of at the time. Do you guys have anything that would of been better?

Sent from my LGAS995 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yea no osb or ply wood. I would say that I will find a lot more. The couple wants me to build a 24×16 ft deck on the back. With 16×16 covered and screened in. And yes that is why the siding blew off. I put a bunch of screws in the pieces I put back. Maybe they will hold? It was all I could think of at the time. Do you guys have anything that would of been better?

this is a temp fix for sure, there is nothing for the screws to grab...until it is all removed and chip board or plywood is put in place you might be able to prolong the problem with some clear silicone on the edges.

there are studs somewhere right? is it like this all the way to the ground 

And I put drywall screws between the studs. Because with gable trusses here the studs are on 2ft centers. I'm sure it's like that all around the whole house. Which blue board has a good r value but it shouldn't be used for sheathing a house. I've seen it on older houses from the 80's before. This house is not even 10 years old yet.

Lol xc600. the siding had blown off. If it hasn't they wouldn't of never known. I bet the heating bill shows something though. Lol.

I can't even imagine the utility bills.

I would be even worried about water and moisture getting into the drywall. There has to be mold in the place at this point.

Well blue board is more expensive than osb. But you can cut it and install it much faster than plywood. So the home owner payed more for the bad work than it would have been. And now its going to cost him again to get it fix right. Around here it just matters who you are. With what you can get by with.