Christmas Dinner

comp56

so what does everyone eat for their holiday meals.....

since I came to this country (Canada age 4) my parents enjoyed Seafood as a pick food for guests along with cold cuts cheese ect ect on Christmas eve....... then a big Turkey dinner or Ham or both some times Christmas day 

so my wife and I have continued the tradition by doing the same how about you.....

We have been eating seafood too for the past few years. We have been get king crab legs sent to us from Alaska. A guy we built a house for sends them to us now. I guess he was really happy with his home and the way we treated him? They are huge man.

Sent from my LGAS995 using Tapatalk

Deep fried turkey, smoked ham, beer butt chicken... We go overboard. Sometimes we do a Mexican Christmas but this year I made lasagna and we will serve it with meatballs for appetizer, pesto bread shaped like a Christmas tree, hot links, mac & cheese, beer butt chicken, and salad. I love to cook and leave the more traditional meals for the in laws.

My side of the family does the seven fishes on Christmas eve and a HUGE pasta dinner on Christmas day.  Usually homemade ravioli, hot & sweet sausage, braciole, etc.  Very italian.

This year I spent the holiday with the in laws.  We had turkey and goose (first time trying goose), stuffing, mashed potato and the usual fixings that go with that.

My side of the family does the seven fishes on Christmas eve and a HUGE pasta dinner on Christmas day. Usually homemade ravioli, hot & sweet sausage, braciole, etc. Very italian.

This year I spent the holiday with the in laws. We had turkey and goose (first time trying goose), stuffing, mashed potato and the usual fixings that go with that.

What are the seven fishes Damian? that sounds good!

What are the seven fishes Damian? that sounds good!

We will put out 7 different courses of seafood.  Usually shrimp cocktail, some sort of crab dip, lobster ravioli, and so on.  We kind of change it up every year so it isn't always the same thing.

We will put out 7 different courses of seafood.  Usually shrimp cocktail, some sort of crab dip, lobster ravioli, and so on.  We kind of change it up every year so it isn't always the same thing.

yes we do something like that christmas eve as well, very Italian here too.....also every year we have Cavolo Verza con pancetta e patata

basically potato with fried salty back bacon with lots of garlic and curly cabbage mashed all up looks like this...

verza.png

yes we do something like that christmas eve as well, very Italian here too.....also every year we have Cavolo Verza con pancetta e patata

basically potato with fried salty back bacon with lots of garlic and curly cabbage mashed all up looks like this...

verza.png

Wow, that looks amazing.  Man I love me some good food.

yes this is something carried down from generations, this dish has been part of pretty much every special occasion dinner in our family forever...I can't count how many people over the years that don't like cabbage per say enjoy this once trying it.....took it to a pot luck dinner one time and almost everyone wanted the recipe........

Hey Comp, got any recepie's that can be made with a crock pot? A family member got me a crock pot cause she wants me to start cooking for myself more, instead of eating out and getting fat and ripped off. I am thinking that soups would be the easiest for me to make, otherwise I am just going to google some recepie's but thought you might have some.

Theres literally a TON of recipes for crock pots and they're incredibly easy.  From soups and stews to pulled pork recipes.  Just take a quick search on google and your bound to find something really good.

• Like 1

yes protoolnut, I by no means am the cook.....I know 3 things in the kitchen....

1 I smell food must be close to supper

2 someone is yelling at me to come eat, I know it is time for supper

3 I ate to much!

• Like 2

Thanks Giving is always a turkey. We usually get a ham for Christmas eve, and Christmas day can be a million different things from steaks to ribs, to prime rib depending on money and how much effort we want to put into it.

. Steaks!!Man that sounds good for New Years I'm telling the wifey to get some I haven't had one in awhile, Thanks Jason!!