Your worst ever power tool ( discuss)

wayneburgess

Easy for me. A circular saw I bought at Kmart back when I was in school. Could not afford much and thought it would be enough for what little I had to do. I was very wrong. It was flimsy, would not cut straight with a new blade, would not cut a repeatable angle. (or anything else) Total waste of money. Live and learn!

• Like 1

Easy for me. A circular saw I bought at Kmart back when I was in school. Could not afford much and thought it would be enough for what little I had to do. I was very wrong. It was flimsy, would not cut straight with a new blade, would not cut a repeatable angle. (or anything else) Total waste of money. Live and learn!

Dang I bet that thing was a hunk of junk. We have to live and learn though. I've thought about buying a saw from Wal-Mart. But I always talk my self out of it. Idk why. But something just says don't buy me at Wal-Mart. Lol

Sent from my LGAS995 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Harbor freight corded hammer drill, slow with the hammer function through brick and the variable speed went out in two weeks. The switch from drive to hammer mode would always jump into hammer function as well.....

Looking to read about anyone's experiences too

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My mom got a compress from harbor freight about 10 years ago. I know your all saying wow a harbor freight tool that lasted 10 years now something in the tank leaked from literally day 1 and she only uses it for pool toys and the occasional tire, I've run a nail gun off it once or twice in desperate need but if your ok with a compressor that 100% literally never stops running when it's plugged in it was a win for 10 yrs at $200. The worst tool I own is a 6 year old makita resip saw its just a little under powered and crushes batteries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Harbor freight corded hammer drill, slow with the hammer function through brick and the variable speed went out in two weeks. The switch from drive to hammer mode would always jump into hammer function as well.....

Looking to read about anyone's experiences too

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Funny mine only lasted 2 minutes lol

• Like 2

The only non-contractor-grade power tool that I can remember buying in my adult life was a HF grinder that a carpenter friend just kept raving on about how great it was. Tried it once, gave it to him. I can't think of a pro-grade power tool purchase that has ever let me down, and I've never had a one in for repairs. Buy once, cry once, as they say. 'Course, part of it is that almost all of my corded stuff is pre-China.