Socket trays

chrismccabe484

I have a bunch of Hansen Global trays, and a couple of the Kobalt copies. I like them, but the use a bunch of space. I'm starting to think I may pick up some of the rails used by Carlyle or Gearwrench (aside from color, they appear identical). I don't know what I will do when I get more than one 3/4" drive socket.....

I have a bunch of Hansen Global trays, and a couple of the Kobalt copies. I like them, but the use a bunch of space. I'm starting to think I may pick up some of the rails used by Carlyle or Gearwrench (aside from color, they appear identical. I don't know what I will do when I get more than one 3/4" drive socket.....

I like Hansen's storage products, normally good pricing on very good quality products and made in the USA.

I have the Harbor Freight knock off's of the Hansen's. They work pretty well, however you always have sockets and adapters (Hex, Torx, E-Socket) that don't necessarily fall into the the same organizational grouping of everything else. To get around it, I've purchased some of the cheap socket rails and I then fastened the rails to a strip of wood. Doing this I can then organize the oddballs pretty well.

I'll take some pictures on Sunday morning on how I have my socket drawer organized,

I had the craftsman socket organizer Jimbo is talking about. I didn't like that it took up one drawer each for standard and metric. I now have some magnetic kobalt socket rails and now all of my sockets only take up about 2/3 of a drawer for all of them other than my impact sockets. How many sockets do you have?

I have the Harbor Freight knock off's of the Hansen's. They work pretty well, however you always have sockets and adapters (Hex, Torx, E-Socket) that don't necessarily fall into the the same organizational grouping of everything else. To get around it, I've purchased some of the cheap socket rails and I then fastened the rails to a strip of wood. Doing this I can then organize the oddballs pretty well.

I'll take some pictures on Sunday morning on how I have my socket drawer organized,

I use those in a Milwaukee storage box and I love them

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just use a socket orginizer from Armstrong.

Eventually I plan to mill some socket trays from aluminum. A guy at my work bought got one of our machinists cnc mill them out. They are the same basic concept as the plastic Hansen socket trays, but solid aluminum an they are sized an spaced to his toolbox.

• 2 months later...
I just use the craftsman socket rails. They aren't anything special, but they keep them organized for me. I like that I can look at them and if there is a gap I know I have one missing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

$3.99 for a 2 pack.....I like the rubber grips on the ends.

• Like 1