Stationary air compressor caddy

JimboS1ice

Early works for a little pull out drawer for my new air compressor, in the garage that's not mine that I use space is limited, plan on throwing a few drawers on top for some air tool storage, just a rough drawing of what I'm thinking, still have to figure out some measurements and if my plan will fit in the space where I want it.

17a27dbde27897cbe72cb70e013a54a9.jpg

Not shown in the drawing but I'll probably put a little extra bracing in the back.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I built a sliding platform in a 36" cabinet to support a cast iron 4" joiner years ago. The side supports were made from ash and liberally waxed to allow the tool to be used in place or to be removed and set on a separate support if more space were needed. The picture isn't the best, as the cabinet is currently blocked by equipment stored in my garage, but it should give the general idea for the support.

post-53470-0-23567600-1451277746_thumb.j

At two thirds extension the platform did not need any extra support legs and I used hardwood (ash) support material on the  perimeter of the plywood as well as across the center areas. Overall it was fairly compact in height and also designed to clear the hinges used for the door that covered it when not in use.

• 2 weeks later...

$0 Jason, it was a Christmas present

Mondo nah I should paint it red and print an Fuel airzall sticker - the husky hose is better now that it has been stretched out and pressurized, prior to a little break in it wasn't my favorite hose tends to get a little tangled from time to time, for the cost is just grab a flexzilla, nice thing with the husky was the holiday bundle came with some fittings and a blow gun.

Jimbo

• Like 1

$0 Jason, it was a Christmas present

Mondo nah I should paint it red and print an Fuel airzall sticker - the husky hose is better now that it has been stretched out and pressurized, prior to a little break in it wasn't my favorite hose tends to get a little tangled from time to time, for the cost is just grab a flexzilla, nice thing with the husky was the holiday bundle came with some fittings and a blow gun.

Jimbo

That's cool I wasn't sure there was a guy looking at compressors and I recommended that one as the best buy. I just couldn't remember who it was he wanted to buy some cheap compressor at first.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...