All in one system

Milwaukeenut

Like JasonC said, it's showed up on the forum at least once before although I can't find it, and the consensus is good idea poorly executed.

It would be great to have for homeowners if the actual tools were better quality, but what's the point of table saw if you can't cut anything straight on it.  What I'd really like to see is a miter saw base to take a cordless circular saw.

I have buddies that would think this is the best thing since sliced bread, however they are the guys that have only 3 non-used screwdrivers and a cordless drill in the box they got 4 years ago they never opened in their tool box.

The Craftsman/Black and Decker Bolt on system is way better than what they came up with, and a lot cheaper. They want 599 dollars for that setup!! http://www.hammacher.com/Product/86468?cm_cat=ProductSEM&cm_pla=AdWordsPLA&source=PRODSEM&gclid=CNTlvJf3_skCFQuSaQodun0Pbw

You could have got the Porter Cable 20v  8 piece kit for $349 on Black Friday.

I think someone posted about this here before. It's really flimsy but might be a great solution for the occasional DIYer but even so these things never work out because when they get pulled out of storage for the once-in-a-blue-moon use it'll break and end up in the trash. These days you are so much better off going with Ryobi on the low end. For the price you really can't beat them in many areas and their quality is pretty darn good and a good value.

the price is sure not directed at occasional DIY users, $599 is a huge chunk of change to drop on a tool they might use 3 times.......may as well grab a $2600 treadmill while their at it......

• 4 weeks later...