My mini Wera screwdriver review

rrich1

I purchased a set of Wera screwdrivers a few weeks back from kctoolco. I also purchased a set of insulated Wihas but that is another thread.

My initial impressions of the Weras were that they are very well made. They are made in the Czech republic and designed in Germany.

The handles are unique and take some getting use to, yet not uncomfortable. The black is a hard plastic with the green being a softer material. They do however allow a good grip on the screwdriver. I have used the phillips #2 quite a bit and impressed with the fit of the bit. The Weras boast about their tips being laser etched. This intrigued me and after seeing a review on YouTube of you being able to pull items by just the gripping strength of the driver. While I have not pulled a tool box I have been able to get it to hold near horizontal in many different screws around the house.

Mine also have a hex bolster to allow for added torque with a wrench.

Overall I am very impressed and highly recommend them. They are more expensive than craftsman, kobalt, husky, but cheaper than snap on. Enough rambling, here are the pics. Note the multiple areas with the description of the tool and the product number for easy replacement.

Some German alternatives are Felo, Whitte (HD offers some versions and makers of the Matco brand screwdrivers), and Wiha all within the same price range.

IMG_20160101_243641158_zpskraitmex.jpg

IMG_20160101_243855760_zpsirn4eskk.jpg

IMG_20160101_243907030_zpsxwrtxgkq.jpg

IMG_20160101_243841359_zps3fob5e0u.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Push the PH2 firmly in the screw head and hold just the screw and let the screwdriver dangle...There are others I can do this to but none that hold as well as Wera. If you initially push it hard enough you can actually swing it side to side dangling from the screw! I like the Felo's handle more but the Wera tips have me reaching for them more often than I was initially imagining.

Wera's precision screwdrivers are my favorite, followed by Felo and then Wiha. The shape is designed perfectly for pushing on the top with your palm and twisting with your fingers, very comfortable to use. Felos have a gripper design that allows the same motion comfortably but not as natural as the Weras. Wiha's are nice but they're not really grippy and you want that in a small screwdriver also the top is a little loose and wobbly(Haven't tried the picofinish series which looks like it may be better).

Thanks for the review, there really aren't many good reviews out there on screwdrivers...everyone just says "*such and such* is the best", no real reasoning behind why they like them or not. Which actually led me to go on a small screwdriver buying frenzy so I could pick my favorite, haha. You picked well man, the more I use mine the more I like them. Right now I can't decide which is my favorite between the Weras, Felos or PB Swiss.

Did the smallest slotted screwdriver have the lasertip? On the other set(the one I have) it does not but it appears they sell the smallest with the lasertip by itself...unless all the distributors haven't realized and just left that feature in the description from the other sizes.

I have the insulated Wera's and love them. Anytime I need a screwdriver now, those are the ones I go for. I love the grip shape and they just seem to hold so well in the fasteners. Next on my list are the Wera precision and then a set the same as yours. Thanks for the write-up.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Push the PH2 firmly in the screw head and hold just the screw and let the screwdriver dangle...There are others I can do this to but none that hold as well as Wera. If you initially push it hard enough you can actually swing it side to side dangling from the screw! I like the Felo's handle more but the Wera tips have me reaching for them more often than I was initially imagining.

Wera's precision screwdrivers are my favorite, followed by Felo and then Wiha. The shape is designed perfectly for pushing on the top with your palm and twisting with your fingers, very comfortable to use. Felos have a gripper design that allows the same motion comfortably but not as natural as the Weras. Wiha's are nice but they're not really grippy and you want that in a small screwdriver also the top is a little loose and wobbly(Haven't tried the picofinish series which looks like it may be better).

Thanks for the review, there really aren't many good reviews out there on screwdrivers...everyone just says "*such and such* is the best", no real reasoning behind why they like them or not. Which actually led me to go on a small screwdriver buying frenzy so I could pick my favorite, haha. You picked well man, the more I use mine the more I like them. Right now I can't decide which is my favorite between the Weras, Felos or PB Swiss.

Did the smallest slotted screwdriver have the lasertip? On the other set(the one I have) it does not but it appears they sell the smallest with the lasertip by itself...unless all the distributors haven't realized and just left that feature in the description from the other sizes.

The smallest does have the laser tip.

• Like 1

I've the chisel driver ones with metal cap for striking. I guess the rest of the driver is the same. I also find them great

The chisels are next up for me. I am debating on trying felos or weras though too just because.

I'm not sure if the rest of the driver is the same or not. Not sure if the metal goes all the way through the handle.

. I was just looking at the yellow ones what do u guy think of those?

Just as good but with striking cap. Notice the smallest size slotted does not have a striking cap. The 932 S/6 set has a 1/4" indent in the top for turning with a ratchet, though it does not list this feature on their website.

Those do not have the laser tips which is one of the best features of the screwdriver, in my opinion.

Agreed with bmack. Get the laser tips for everyday driver. If you think you might not like them try one screwdriver then just add it to your collection if you buy more. I want to try the Witte line as well as Felo.

Here is a link to the ones I purchased. They are more I believe for the hex bolster and shaft. They do come with a rack. The packaging is different than what is shown.

http://www.kctoolco.com/wera-334-sk-6-slotted-phillips-screwdriver-set-p/wr007680.htm

Nice set of drivers.  I agree wera makes some great screwdrivers, but the handle shape disagrees with me; I'm sure it's great for a lot of people but just doesn't work for me.  I did just pick up some insulated Felo drivers though and the handle feels great.  To each his own I guess.

I'd suggest trying a couple brands before getting a complete set.