My mini Wera screwdriver review

rrich1

Nice set of drivers. I agree wera makes some great screwdrivers, but the handle shape disagrees with me; I'm sure it's great for a lot of people but just doesn't work for me. I did just pick up some insulated Felo drivers though and the handle feels great. To each his own I guess.

I'd suggest trying a couple brands before getting a complete set.

I agree with this. They are funky. I would buy a sample driver from different t companies like Wera, witte, Felo, and Wiha, and see what feels the best.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

check the sizes of the drivers (length) and see if they work for you. Same series as mine. No hex bolsters or shafts from the looks of it.

Here's a comparison pic, not shown is my PB Swiss all are PH2:

WXIpjzk.jpg

The PB Swiss is very small, it's the same width of the Felo PH1.

Nicholas, that is the Wera set I have, it's great but do note that the smallest slotted screwdriver does not have the laser tip. You may want to consider buying an additional screwdriver to fill the extra hole, I've been thinking of adding a PH3 with hex bolster. The 7 piece set adds a slotted driver.

Good choice Nicholas, think you will really like those. I do recommend having one set of screwdrivers with a hex bolster if you work regularly on machine screws, you're bound to find one over torqued or rusted in place and you need the breaking torque...Impact drivers don't always work in those applications. If you're not working with a lot of machine screws, you'll probably never need it.

One thing I find weird about Wera is how they pronounce it in English. It should be pronounced "Vera" but they(Wera's official youtube channel) pronounce it like it like an English word. While Wiha is pronounced "Veehah." Knipex officially uses the German pronunciation also, which is "Kahni-pex."

Good choice Nicholas, think you will really like those. I do recommend having one set of screwdrivers with a hex bolster if you work regularly on machine screws, you're bound to find one over torqued or rusted in place and you need the breaking torque...Impact drivers don't always work in those applications. If you're not working with a lot of machine screws, you'll probably never need it.

One thing I find weird about Wera is how they pronounce it in English. It should be pronounced "Vera" but they(Wera's official youtube channel) pronounce it like it like an English word. While Wiha is pronounced "Veehah." Knipex officially uses the German pronunciation also, which is "Kahni-pex."

I hardly ever work with machine screws and haven't ran into a screw that tight yet. I do see where it would be nice to have though. I'm hoping that these screwdrivers fit much tighter and reduce can out than my craftsman screwdrivers.
  • Like 1

Here's a comparison pic, not shown is my PB Swiss all are PH2:

WXIpjzk.jpg

The PB Swiss is very small, it's the same width of the Felo PH1.

Nicholas, that is the Wera set I have, it's great but do note that the smallest slotted screwdriver does not have the laser tip. You may want to consider buying an additional screwdriver to fill the extra hole, I've been thinking of adding a PH3 with hex bolster. The 7 piece set adds a slotted driver.

Thanks for re uploading that pic. I forgot we had talked about them before.

• Like 1