My mini Wera screwdriver review

rrich1

I really like that the Wera(and Wiha) have the thumb wheel, the Felo does not...I can push on the back to apply force to allow it to ratchet but the thumb wheel would make it even easier. i actually already have two bit ratchets, I have a cheap Neiko which is just super thin for really tight areas. Link to that: http://www.amazon.com/03044A-4-Drive-Mini-size-Ratcheting-Screwdriver/dp/B000XYOUS6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452490952&sr=8-1&keywords=neiko+ratchet

I have that same Wera mini bit ratchet,that thing is awesome,I also have a US made craftsman one too that isnt horrible. The Neiko one you posted is similar to the craftsman one,ill try and post some pics of the two later.

for pics on mobile get the photobucket app on your phone,then you can select all the pics and it gives you one link to post :)   makes it way easier.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How has the lazer etching held up on the tips of your guys screwdrivers? Does it eventually wear off or does it stay on. This is what my ph2 screwdriver looks like after some use. Some of the gold coating has worn off but it still fits great so far.

• Like 1

What's up gents! I posted about needing help with my screwdriver needs on another thread so I figured I would stick to the one that is on topic.  You guys highly recommend the laser tips.  How does the yellow set hold up? Which ones would be better for general use?

What's up gents! I posted about needing help with my screwdriver needs on another thread so I figured I would stick to the one that is on topic.  You guys highly recommend the laser tips.  How does the yellow set hold up? Which ones would be better for general use?

so far i love my laser tips on the weras. They have been holding up great with occasional use so far. I put in a kitchen sink last week and used a slotted driver for turning all of the clips to clamp the sink down. The screwdriver never slipped on 12 clamps. 

The  chisel driver set does not have the laser tips. Im sure they will hold up great. The set I bought is great for general use if not using them as chisel drivers. 

These would be a great set for the price. http://www.kctoolco.com/wera-334-6-slotted-phillips-screwdriver-set-rack-p/wr105650.htmI dont believe they have the hex bolsters though. Not needed but nice to have just because. 

The wera's grip is very subjective. I do prefer the grip on my wiha's from a comfort standpoint but the odd shape of the wera's allow for great grip and torque. I havent tried any felos but have hear nothing but good things. Like I said before if I hadnt gotten my wera's I would have purchased that large felo set that kctoolco has on sale for today only. 

• Like 1

so far i love my laser tips on the weras. They have been holding up great with occasional use so far. I put in a kitchen sink last week and used a slotted driver for turning all of the clips to clamp the sink down. The screwdriver never slipped on 12 clamps. 

The  chisel driver set does not have the laser tips. Im sure they will hold up great. The set I bought is great for general use if not using them as chisel drivers. 

These would be a great set for the price. http://www.kctoolco.com/wera-334-6-slotted-phillips-screwdriver-set-rack-p/wr105650.htmI dont believe they have the hex bolsters though. Not needed but nice to have just because. 

The wera's grip is very subjective. I do prefer the grip on my wiha's from a comfort standpoint but the odd shape of the wera's allow for great grip and torque. I havent tried any felos but have hear nothing but good things. Like I said before if I hadnt gotten my wera's I would have purchased that large felo set that kctoolco has on sale for today only.

Thanks Rich. I really appreciate the help. Valentines Day is coming up so I'm going to add them to my wish list!Lol

It was like 3days ago at that lol. It was cheaper than Amazon.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think it was like Thursday and Saturday. I have to imagine they'll do it again this month, even if they don't theyre still $75 on KC Tool everyday.

It's not a bad deal at all imo. I'm trying hard not to buy the Wiha set, also want this set: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002QV0FHO

Yeah, I think it was like Thursday and Saturday. I have to imagine they'll do it again this month, even if they don't theyre still $75 on KC Tool everyday.

It's not a bad deal at all imo. I'm trying hard not to buy the Wiha set, also want this set: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002QV0FHO

I like that a lot.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk