My mini Wera screwdriver review

rrich1

It's just rebranded Stanley stuff. The problem is Stanley seems to have different grades of quality and no real way to tell through pictures at least. You might have something comparable to check out at Lowe's or Walmart. Just look at the ratchets really good and if you see they're exactly the same, then you know what you're getting.

I'd say as an occasional use kit and not using it for breaking bolts, you'd be fine. I'd worry about the sockets more than the ratchets for breakage.

By the way, I learned something new about the Wiha and Wera ratchets, don't think it makes much of a difference but they're not made in Germany/Czech Republic, but Taiwan. Felo appears to be the only of the big three that makes their ratchet in Germany. Pretty disappointing how they aren't more upfront about it.

• Like 1

By the way, I learned something new about the Wiha and Wera ratchets, don't think it makes much of a difference but they're not made in Germany/Czech Republic, but Taiwan. Felo appears to be the only of the big three that makes their ratchet in Germany. Pretty disappointing how they aren't more upfront about it.

I don't see the issue with where things are made. Each product is built to the manufacturers specs nothing more nothing less. If the product is sub par the and the company wanted a better built product they would design it and sub it out but they don't. If the quality is there what does it matter where it is made?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't see the issue with where things are made. Each product is built to the manufacturers specs nothing more nothing less. If the product is sub par the and the company wanted a better built product they would design it and sub it out but they don't. If the quality is there what does it matter where it is made?

Metals that are used in Chinese and some other Asian countries, but especially China are a lower quality steel than what you get in the US.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not true.

Metals that are used in Chinese and some other Asian countries, but especially China are a lower quality steel than what you get in the US.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^^^ true,having worked for shops who sold out to the Chinese,I can tell you by personal experience that the Chinese dont have a clue when it comes to quality,most Chinese steels,and alloys arent even made to proper spec most of the time.   Taiwan is an exception in that vicinity of the world,their products are actually pretty decent.

Not true.

^^^ true,having worked for shops who sold out to the Chinese,I can tell you by personal experience that the Chinese dont have a clue when it comes to quality,most Chinese steels,and alloys arent even made to proper spec most of the time. Taiwan is an exception in that vicinity of the world,their products are actually pretty decent.

Whose fault is that? The Chinese or the company who is having the Chinese make their product?

There are plenty of quality products made in china. Ultimately it is up to the company, Milwaukee, Irwin, Bosch, whoever that has their product built to the way they see fit. There are plenty of products built in the USA that are pure garbage as well. To rule out a product just because it is made in china is silly (not saying that happened here but does). Some of the highest priced production pool cues are made in China. It comes down to how a company decides what is acceptable for their product.

Here's a pic

. Awesome kit bro I have the 204pc set I beleieve, these have been use and abused at the shop I haven't used any of my snap on or Matco tools in awhile I've owned them for about almost 2yrs and none have failed yet so if your looking at a kit like this for the house this is perfect I'm looking at getting one of the smaller kits to keep in wife's car and my truck, the only cons I can find like Jimbo said they're a bit heavy and bulky but for 80% of what I've used them for they've been great!
  • Like 1

. Awesome kit bro I have the 204pc set I beleieve, these have been use and abused at the shop I haven't used any of my snap on or Matco tools in awhile I've owned them for about almost 2yrs and none have failed yet so if your looking at a kit like this for the house this is perfect I'm looking at getting one of the smaller kits to keep in wife's car and my truck, the only cons I can find like Jimbo said they're a bit heavy and bulky but for 80% of what I've used them for they've been great!

Thanks big mike. I can't help it. For now I'm a DeWalt fan boy lol

While I agree that most Chinese metal is crap, I've seen tons of examples, there are some exceptions where the Chinese are able to source quality steel...but let's not forget that the Wiha/Wera ratchets are made in Taiwan, which is normally produces some very good tools. My issue is that neither are being upfront about where they're being produced.