DWE 357 compact reciprocating saw?

Conductor562

This thing may be old news but I'm just seeing it for the first time. It's only 4" shorter than a standard recip saw, so I'm kinda on the fence as to whether it really warranted a new tool.

http://www.dewalt.com/tools/saws-reciprocating-saws-dwe357.aspx

DWE357_1.jpg

• Like 1

Eco: I'm the same way. I like the long design better. These types of saw have an odd balance to them.

Wayne: I have not the slightest damn clue what "standing down and delivering like a highway man" entails, but I'm going to assume I agree. For whatever strange reason that made me think of that song "Whisky in the jar".

To me the design of the Milwaukee Hakzall / Bosch copycat were great, they allowed you to get a Sawzall in places Sawzalls had never gone before. The idea of shaving 4" off, screwing up the balance, and calling it something different, just really doesn't make a lot of sense. But I'm sure someone somewhere was sitting there saying "man, if my Sawzall was 4" shorter it would be way better".

Eco: I'm the same way. I like the long design better. These types of saw have an odd balance to them.

Surprisingly the cordless really works well in this style, instead of the battery hanging off the end of the handle, it is when you turn them upside down to start those cuts into a flat surface that they get all out of shape. Cutting into flat surfaces is a pretty common occurrence for me, so that is why I find these types of saws less than my favorites. If I did not have that one style of cut to make so often I would think higher of this type of saw.

You guys know if you really need to get into a tight space with a reciprocating saw pneumatics are the way to go.

Wayne: I have not the slightest damn clue what "standing down and delivering like a highway man" entails, but I'm going to assume I agree. For whatever strange reason that made me think of that song "Whisky in the jar".

A highwayman was a robber who took all of your money just like in the song. LOL :)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...