My way to early review: Wiha insulated screwdrivers

rrich1

I purchased a set of 4 insulated Wiha screwdrivers. The set includes a phillips #1x80 and #2x100 along with flat heads 0.6x3.5x100 and 1.0x4.0x125. The grips are very well made with a hard yellow material and softer red rubber like material. The grips are not squishy though. The grips are pleasant to hold. Admittedly more comfortable at this time than the Weras. I have not had a chance to "test" them yet for their designed purpose. I do not do a lot of electrical work but figured for the price and little added security they would be beneficial to have.

The drivers are anti roll with multiple markings on top and side to identify each driver no matter how you store them.

Being German their quality is great. The seams between the two handle is flawless and overall fit and finish is great.

I also purchased these from kctoolco.com. http://www.kctoolco.com/wiha-insulated-slotted-phillips-4-piece-set-p/32090.htm

IMG_20160101_244034898_zps3yl8zxl9.jpg

IMG_20160101_244128650_zpslmgfnuso.jpg

IMG_20160101_244054910_zpsbeipn06w.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

If I didn't already have the Wera insulated screwdrivers I would probably buy a set of the Wiha drivers. Nice write up.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks. I bought my Weras and Wiha's at the same time. I wanted to try different brands to see what works the best for me. Can't go wrong with either I'm sure.

They seem like they're really nice. A couple of the Sears locally carry a single set of these, if you're interested in checking them out check stock on Sears site...sometimes it's right. They're by the wire strippers not the screwdrivers, $40 for the 6-piece set isn't a bad price either.

They seem like they're really nice. A couple of the Sears locally carry a single set of these, if you're interested in checking them out check stock on Sears site...sometimes it's right. They're by the wire strippers not the screwdrivers, $40 for the 6-piece set isn't a bad price either.

We only have the sears home store now. No more full size sears. Don't carry anything other than craftsman and gearwrench

We only have the sears home store now. No more full size sears. Don't carry anything other than craftsman and gearwrench

Probably going to be like that in the next couple of years across the nation. Kinda sad because it's the only store I know of that has a little bit of Knipex, some Ullman items and one set of Wiha screwdrivers...not much else that I want. They do have some Wera stuff online. I've bought quite a bit of stuff from Sears the past few months but all of it has been at like 75% off because points stack on sale items. My last order was the Kraftform Kompact 25 screwdriver for $10 out of pocket, list price is $30. Previous order was $100 worth of Knipex for $16. A month ago I also bought the 20 piece Gearwrench (Made in Taiwan) combination wrench set for $5, though they later gave me $5 of points for that order.

• Like 1

Probably going to be like that in the next couple of years across the nation. Kinda sad because it's the only store I know of that has a little bit of Knipex, some Ullman items and one set of Wiha screwdrivers...not much else that I want. They do have some Wera stuff online. I've bought quite a bit of stuff from Sears the past few months but all of it has been at like 75% off because points stack on sale items. My last order was the Kraftform Kompact 25 screwdriver for $10 out of pocket, list price is $30. Previous order was $100 worth of Knipex for $16. A month ago I also bought the 20 piece Gearwrench (Made in Taiwan) combination wrench set for $5, though they later gave me $5 of points for that order.

Nice

I got this set last week. I used points so no cost. Great set that should last a while.

• Like 1

Yep, Sears is a good place to get the six-driver set. I get one about once per year and whichever drivers survive end up in my home toolbox. The thing I find handy with the Wiha drivers is that the handle size for each makes it very easy to apply (close to) the proper torque for a given fastener. The #3 phillips allows a real strong grip while the #1 phillips forces you to be more delicate. 

• Like 1

I purchased a set of 4 insulated Wiha screwdrivers. The set includes a phillips #1x80 and #2x100 along with flat heads 0.6x3.5x100 and 1.0x4.0x125. The grips are very well made with a hard yellow material and softer red rubber like material. The grips are not squishy though. The grips are pleasant to hold. Admittedly more comfortable at this time than the Weras. I have not had a chance to "test" them yet for their designed purpose. I do not do a lot of electrical work but figured for the price and little added security they would be beneficial to have.

The drivers are anti roll with multiple markings on top and side to identify each driver no matter how you store them.

Being German their quality is great. The seams between the two handle is flawless and overall fit and finish is great.

I also purchased these from kctoolco.com. http://www.kctoolco.com/wiha-insulated-slotted-phillips-4-piece-set-p/32090.htm

IMG_20160101_244034898_zps3yl8zxl9.jpg

IMG_20160101_244128650_zpslmgfnuso.jpg

IMG_20160101_244054910_zpsbeipn06w.jpg

This part very interesting screwdriver. I guess it is safe when we repairing the electric circuits or fuse.

No wonder why these German products are great.