Do you use replacement battery for tools machine? How does it work?

Erin Zhou

This is a typical warranty for the aftermarket replacements.

• We guarantee against any defective products. a full refund will be provided for any defective, damaged, or misrepresented items within 30 days.
  • No refund will be given after 30 days of the invoice date, only replacement.
  • If your battery fails to perform within warranty period, please send it back for a replacement, (please include marketworks order number as your proof of purchase). the warranty is with us (not the manufacturer).
  • Defective product will be replaced with another unit within 30 days from invoice date.
  • All products we sold are BRAND NEW, fresh out of factory. within the warranty period, defective product will be either repaired or replaced solely at our option.
  • This warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, abuse, neglect, modification, alteration, misuse, repair, modification or physical damages.
  • Warranty will be provided to the original purchaser only and the invoice number is required to obtain the service.
  • Customer will be responsible for the return shipping and we will not refund for shipping and handling fee.All return products (Replace or Refund) have to obtain an RMA number before it is being shipped back.
  • All non-defective, undamaged products are subject to a 20% for restocking fee and handling fee, if you would like to get refund. There is no restocking fee for damaged or defective products. Shipping and handling fees are non-refundable.
  • A return item without an RMA number on box will not be accepted by our warehouse.

• Refund will be given as money back less shipping cost.

• The warranty will not renew, once a replacement had been made. This means that the battery we sent you for an exchange will not have a brand new warranty period.
  • Posting NEGATIVE FEEDBACK before giving us the opportunity to repair or replace the item will result in void of warranty.

Good question. Send them an email and ask how the warranty works. Does it go through them or another company.

Yes, they said replacement will be sent if problem in warranty time and the problem one need to be returned. While shipping fee of resent or return will due to buyer's part. They sell on ebay, amazom and so on. I think ebay and amazom will not get involved 2 years later, If buy from seller's own shipping site, then no even a third party, I think. So I ask if anybody have a replacement and how it works.

I believe you should still be able to find an original Makita battery brand new. If not, there are a few places that will rebuild your battery to better than new specifications for a reasonable price. I send my old batteries to MTObatteries Some of the aftermarket batteries I have seen seem to have been rather sketchy. If you find a brand that seems reputable, I would love to hear of it.

Just a word of caution on batteries guys.

There seems to be an influx of folks on sales sites ( you know the ones I'm on about but just in case the lawyers are watching lol) there are factories in China churning out these things by the bucket load and a lot f them are utter rubbish that if you fit them to your power tool can kill it in seconds.

Or as in the case of someone I know they went to pull the battery out of the tool and were left with half of it in hand and half still in the drill.I know this because muggins here had to get it out for them.

Its worth a few extra coins to get an original or as my learned friend has recommended find a quality company to refurbish your existing battery to better than new. :)

I have never gone with a 3rd party battery place, so really can't speak. The rebuild is a cool idea, I might give that a shot. As above, it scares me they only offer one free replacement. I would think if they were good batteries, they would back them more. I might head the way of rebuild instead.

• 1 year later...

I ran into some difficulties while repairing my makita and dewalt power tools. I sent my batteries out to be fixed but was not satisfied with the company I used. Since then I have been researching how to rebuild them myself. I think I have found a reputable company that does not use soldering. I ordered my kits a few days ago I will post my review shortly!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have never used aftermarket batteries in my tools. I had a guy asked to use my Pasload charger because it was broke and he had and aftermarket battery and  I did not give it much thought and gave it to him. At the end of the day when he gave it back and told me that this was the second time that he tried to charge this battery and it is the second time the charger died. I looked at his and said what the F is wrong with you, did you ever think it could be the cheap ass aftermarket battery you are using, Now go buy me and yourself a new charger and a battery.

I have never used aftermarket batteries in my tools. I had a guy asked to use my Pasload charger because it was broke and he had and aftermarket battery and I did not give it much thought and gave it to him. At the end of the day when he gave it back and told me that this was the second time that he tried to charge this battery and it is the second time the charger died. I looked at his and said what the F is wrong with you, did you ever think it could be the cheap ass aftermarket battery you are using, Now go buy me and yourself a new charger and a battery.

I'd have been pissed! That's was a pretty shitty thing to do.

He was a standup guy not the smartest but a good guy and he replaced the charger. He was one of best helpers that I have ever had. I think after his little fiasco, he learned the value of buying quality tools. He was always watching and listening to everything I said. He would ask me if I was working around my house and if I was, he would help me free if I would teach him something and feed him. Good god could he eat. I spent many Saturdays showing him how to lay out stairs rafters and whatever he wanted to learn. Now 10 years later he is out on his own and doing well. Some days I'm his helper now and he pays well too.