Anybody carrying multi tools (like Leathermans)

PutnamEco

The thread on knives the other day got me thinking about one of the handiest tools I carry. I lost one of my favorites, the Leatherman Wave, so I have been carrying Victorinox's version. I also have a few others that I will break out on occasion. I would carry my Gerber 600 more often if it had a pair of scissors included, as I love they way I can just flick it open. I also have an older SOG Paratool that I often carry when I want a really small and compact tool that I can conceal under clothes or in a pocket.

I prefer to carry a multi-tool over a plain knife for the versatility these tools offer. I often find I need things like a screwdriver or pliers about as often as I need a blade.

I have a very basic gerber in the kitchen drawer that I got free with something. I think I'd really like it if it were a more robust model. A buddy of mine had the SOG. I seriously considered getting one but just never did. I got my wife a Kobalt version to use around the house. It was my least favorite. The functions were all very stiff and you need some sort of metal object to open many of them.

I have a very basic gerber in the kitchen drawer that I got free with something. I think I'd really like it if it were a more robust model. A buddy of mine had the SOG. I seriously considered getting one but just never did. I got my wife a Kobalt version to use around the house. It was my least favorite. The functions were all very stiff and you need some sort of metal object to open many of them.

The Gerber Multiplier is one of the heavier multi tools I have, I find it very robust. The ability to flick it out one handed has been a great asset many times. I see more people carrying Leathermans Wave than any other. I did really enjoy the one I had. It was stout enough to do some work and had a really good selection of tools on it, Plus the blade held an edge really well. I will be buying another one soon. I miss having one. It was pretty compact for the tools it had on board. Both the Victorinox and Gerber that I use are a bit bulkier. The Victorinox is the best built of the bunch. It is finished really well. It is a bit longer than I would like though, but that little extra bit of length make it fit my hand really well, so I will forgive it.

I grew up carrying a knife and after my first Leatherman I feel naked going out without a multitool.

Anyone heard of Adventuridge?

I have a little multi tool gizzmo with a blade, bottle opener,Large spoon, tiny spoon, a point blade/spike and for some reason a small cork screw.All stainless steel.And handy at break time. :)

Never heard of the Adventuridge, here in the states we call such tools hobo knives. Google fails me in finding an Adventuridge for sale, have they been discontinued? I keep an old Boy Scout vittle kit in my pack for lunch break. I've also been known to carry a spork

• Like 1