3D Printer

WigWagWorkshop

Hi Guys, It is a Flashforge Dreamer.  It is roughly $1099 depending on where you get it. It is the same company that makes the Dremel except for this one has a heated plate and dual extruders. The Dremel seems to be more for the scrapbooking/trinket kind of person, It is easy and simple someone wants to just hit print. The Dreamer is reliable and takes you to the next level.  I will be having a few videos on this coming up very soon.  

A few things I learned:

Heated bed is a must

Glass bed upgrade a must $40

Painters tape works well

PLA is way easier to work with than ABS but ABS is more flexible

PLA is roughly  $23 a 2.2 lb roll on Amazon and lasts a lot of prints

3D printing is Addictive 

Use Tinkercad to get started it is free and easy

My life is over because I do is print 3d elephants!

• Like 4

If you have the cash and like going to HD. They have the Makerbot brand. Way more expensive only one extrusion and pla. Built in camera and slight level up from dreamer. You would be better getting the flashforge 3D pro. Still the dreamer is the best entry printer out there. In my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking of breaking the bank for one wig wag? Be great for modeling.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Jimbo

Been wanting one for a long time LOL, I been looking at the Ultimaker 2 - but that one is $2500+ A 3D printer would be a great addition to my modeling bench.  With a 3D printer, and resin casting the possibilities will be endless. On another note, been looking into building a HO scale slot car track from scratch out of wood for the Grandson. So the idea of custom 3D printed car bodies would be a nice extra.

in a short 200 year time we have become aliens within ourselves. can you imagine whipping out a 3D printer in 1816 just think of what will be available in another 200 years.....

Yea that would be perfect and awesome to have, I used to build a lot of model tanks growing up, 3D printer would be so cool to have at your disposal.

Jimbo

Below are a few of my tanks, besides Model Railroad building, I like military modeling the most.  They are not 100% complete yet, still have to add some finishing touches.

23975218790_cba5da1cf9_z.jpg

-Steven

• Like 1

Below are a few of my tanks, besides Model Railroad building, I like military modeling the most. They are not 100% complete yet, still have to add some finishing touches.

23975218790_cba5da1cf9_z.jpg

-Steven

I love WW2 models, my biggest project was a Tiger I tank.

Jimbo