Miter stand Comp56 Style.....

comp56

so as you have seen I picked up a Milwaukee 6955-20 the other day so I figured I'd make a proper stand seeings I don't think I will be replacing it for some time.

I wanted to add a measurement indicator on the fence and wanted it in such a way that it would not wear off or come off. So before I covered the fence with acrylic I would print in reverse on the backside and then paint the acrylic red, this way I can run wood along the fence for a long time and not worry. I generally don't work with boards longer than 8 feet and usually are cutting them down to 3 feet or less. 

so here is the acrylic with the printing in reverse before paint up to 36".

1_28.jpg

as you can see it starts at 13 3/8" which is the exact measurement from the right side of the blade to the beginning of the wing I'm adding. 

2_29.jpg

I also put the printed measurement approx. 1/2" off the bottom so it can be seen easier with most wood that is cut. chances are thinner wood will be cut far less often.

4_18.jpg

in order for this to work I had to make sure the indicators were true and as it turns out it is pretty much bang on across the full length.

3_23.jpg

I had to add a Milwaukee logo somewhere so what better place right in the middle  it is also all in reverse so it will not wear off as well....

6.png

I have a few things to do on one side and a bit more on the other side then I will add some shelving along the bottom... here it is so far....

5.png

I will post more as I get further along.....(still working on the un boxxing vid as well)

• Like 2

so as you have seen I picked up a Milwaukee 6955-20 the other day so I figured I'd make a proper stand seeings I don't think I will be replacing it for some time.

I wanted to add a measurement indicator on the fence and wanted it in such a way that it would not wear off or come off. So before I covered the fence with acrylic I would print in reverse on the backside and then paint the acrylic red, this way I can run wood along the fence for a long time and not worry. I generally don't work with boards longer than 8 feet and usually are cutting them down to 3 feet or less.

so here is the acrylic with the printing in reverse before paint up to 36".

1_28.jpg

as you can see it starts at 13 3/8" which is the exact measurement from the right side of the blade to the beginning of the wing I'm adding.

2_29.jpg

I also put the printed measurement approx. 1/2" off the bottom so it can be seen easier with most wood that is cut. chances are thinner wood will be cut far less often.

4_18.jpg

in order for this to work I had to make sure the indicators were true and as it turns out it is pretty much bang on across the full length.

3_23.jpg

I had to add a Milwaukee logo somewhere so what better place right in the middle it is also all in reverse so it will not wear off as well....

6.png

I have a few things to do on one side and a bit more on the other side then I will add some shelving along the bottom... here it is so far....

5.png

I will post more as I get further along.....(still working on the un boxxing vid as well)

I like it. And the red sets it off.

Miller

thanks guys,

@jimbo you ain't seen nothing yet...lol

@rfwjr thanks bud 

@glasseyi yes it is in inches, I'm old school I usually don't build with metric unless it is on a blue print.....

• Like 1

thanks guys, well got the other side done, I decided to put measurement indicators on the left side as well, I realize they go backwards which was confusing as crap but may come in handy. The saw fence has a slide out for beveling so I had to comply with that as well......

m4.jpg

m5.jpg

Untitled_1.png

here it is with center, right and left angles.....

m1_1.jpg

m2_1.jpg

m3.jpg

and against wall when not in use......

m7.jpg

still going to add some shelving below it......

• Like 3

Awesome comp, is that saw a dual or single bevel?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks guys, yes dual bevel but I didn't make door for other side as the wing does not slide it just comes right off.......