Powerball sets new record, what are your dreams?

Poisonfangs85

As you guys may already know the Powerball has hit an all time record of an estimated 900 million dollars. The cash value is far less than that, and even lower depending on where you live and the way you claim your winnings.

If your numbers are the one picked in the 1:292mil odds drawing, what would you do with your new windfall?

What the heck is power ball? Is it some kind of sport where a guy launches a ball from a canon, hits a guy in the head and ruins the new years holiday? 0.0

Yes that one is where the James Cann character is the only survivor at the end. Or a state game of chance that is currently worth 900 million. And by the time the numbers are drawn tonight will be worth over a billion with a B.

No dreams but I went in with a bunch of our NHSP mechanics and got a ticket........hmmmmmm.....farm......land......horses.....family taken care of........Festool.......Sawstop Cabinet saw......20" planer.......big shop........retirement three years sooner.........

• Like 2

No dreams but I went in with a bunch of our NHSP mechanics and got a ticket........hmmmmmm.....farm......land......horses.....family taken care of........Festool.......Sawstop Cabinet saw......20" planer.......big shop........retirement three years sooner.........

Good luck brother. Enjoy early retirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm... House for my mom and dad. I'd build one big ass shop with the latest and greatest to play in all day. At least one of each Festool product and probably two of each with anything red that says fuel. And of course the TIA crew will get set up with some awesome member giveaways for a long long time!

• Like 1

And the numbers are out:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/01/10/462537146/winning-powerball-numbers-for-record-900-million-jackpot-announced?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews

"The winning numbers for the Powerball drawing are: 16-19-32-34-57, with the Powerball number, 13.

By the time the numbers were picked Saturday night, the final lottery sum rose to $949.8 million, according to The Associated Press.

If no one scores a perfect match this round, lottery officials expect the jackpot value to break $1.3 billion by next Wednesday's drawing."

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

ok wait, so if they can sell all these tickets and a computer can tell them instantly there was no winner, can this same computer generate a no winning combination and spit it out too.....just sayin...........look at the money they are making..........I'm having a lottery every week too.......

i collect money and no winner easy peasy... 

ok wait, so if they can sell all these tickets and a computer can tell them instantly there was no winner, can this same computer generate a no winning combination and spit it out too.....just sayin...........look at the money they are making..........I'm having a lottery every week too.......

i collect money and no winner easy peasy...

How much is a ticket to your lottery comp? I'm in!

The numbers are not generated by computer, they are numbered balls in an automated machine, mixed up and drawn at random.

The drawing is balls in a mechanical system still. The IT guru's still haven't figured out to have a true random number generator they all end up having some kind of bias. All the power ball has is a database of the numbers and the terminal that sold the ticket. It's so someone can't print a fake ticket. They also have a barcode with information on the ticket its probably time and terminal also. When smart phones first came out I wanted to do an app that scanned for winning lotto numbers.

The drawing is balls in a mechanical system still. The IT guru's still haven't figured out to have a true random number generator they all end up having some kind of bias. All the power ball has is a database of the numbers and the terminal that sold the ticket. It's so someone can't print a fake ticket. They also have a barcode with information on the ticket its probably time and terminal also. When smart phones first came out I wanted to do an app that scanned for winning lotto numbers.

There was actually a lottery scam in the 1980s where they messed with the balls to make some weigh less than others, it was organized by the host of the lottery show!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Pennsylvania_Lottery_scandal