EU/UK Version of the dewalt 18v mitre saw

itchyspanner

so ive noticed that finally Dewalt in the UK are going to release the 18v mitre saw in Feb. Looking at the pictures on several UK interweb shops you can see the EU/UK version of the saw saw is quite different looking.

Its got a cheaper looking table which is without the stainless indent plate, the turnbuckle (replaced with a turn knob), and for some reason they have stuck some cheap looking plastic table end handles instead of the ones cast into the table on the USA version,

i was looking forward to buying this saw and holding back on getting the milwaukee m18 mitre because the dewalt looked so good with xps and a higer rpm, Now im thinking the UK version is a fugley poor version of the USA saw.

what do you guys think?

DCS365N-XJ.jpg

spec

Shipping Weight:.....13.50kg
Voltage:..... 18 V
Battery Capacity:...... 4.0 Ah
Blade Speed:...... 3750 rpm
Blade Diameter:...... 184 mm
Blade Bore:....... 16 mm
Bevel Capacity 48 °
Mitre Capacity [right/left]:...... 45/45 °
Cutting Capacity at 90°/45° (W x H) mm
Cutting Capacity at 90°/90° (W x H) 250 x 50 mm
Cutting Capacity at 90°/90° (W x H) mm
Cutting Capacity at 45°/90° (W x H) 176x50 mm
Cutting Capacity at 45°/90° (W x H) mm
Cutting Capacity at 90°/45° (W x H) 250x35 mm
Max. Cutting Capacity at 45°/45° 176x35 mm
Max. Depth of Cut [saws] mm
Weight:...... 11.5 kg
Depth:..... 590 mm
Length:..... 490 mm
Height:..... 590 mm
Hand/Arm Vibration - Cutting Wood:...... <2.5 m/s²
Uncertainty K 1 (Vibration):..... 1.5 m/s²
Sound Power:...... 93 dB(A)
Sound Power Uncertainty:...... 2.0 dB(A)
Sound Pressure:...... 88 dB(A)
Sound Pressure Uncertainty:...... 2.0 dB(A)
Battery chemistry:...... XR Li-Ion

Manufacturer... DeWalt

Really weird the base looks like its from the old 24v cordless saw. I'm really confused as 20v units haven't been out that long to look that old. Also the design doesn't look like the US or EU version

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DEWALT-DW017-CORDLESS-24V-CHOP-MITRE-SAW-BARE-UNIT-ONLY-/221990142787?hash=item33afa4c343:g:4QYAAOSwZG9WkRKQ

The nice thing about the Milwaukee M18 saw is its a rails forward miter saw, so you can put it against a wall without any problems unlike a traditional sliding miter saw. I would wait anyways as I hear rumors of an updated M18 fuel miter saw coming out

Really weird the base looks like its from the old 24v cordless saw. I'm really confused as 20v units haven't been out that long to look that old. Also the design doesn't look like the US or EU version

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DEWALT-DW017-CORDLESS-24V-CHOP-MITRE-SAW-BARE-UNIT-ONLY-/221990142787?hash=item33afa4c343:g:4QYAAOSwZG9WkRKQ

i agree it doesn't look at all right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The nice thing about the Milwaukee M18 saw is its a rails forward miter saw, so you can put it against a wall without any problems unlike a traditional sliding miter saw. I would wait anyways as I hear rumors of an updated M18 fuel miter saw coming out

It would be nice if we could get that here in the US along with a few other tools they offer.